009.

‧˚₊•┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈•‧₊˚⊹

‧˚₊•┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈•‧₊˚⊹

| "she is certainly not her sister " lord denver muttered to himself as he watched the youngest starkley sister bow to the dowager queen before seating herself beside her king. It was true, Myanna did not possess the similar striking beauty or charisma that her sister had obtained. However, it couldn't be denied she was exactly her mother. Lady Alysanna had passed her beautiful smile to her youngest but also her ambitious heart. The way she placed her hands onto her lap and observed from afar, not judging but rather taking in the scenes — she was a patient and lovable woman, one that could make a good queen.

Myanna's head softly nodded to the beautiful sounds erupting from every instrument, some that she had never even heard of. It was a beautiful occasion and the clench of her jaw began to ease the more she adjusted to every new element of this house.

"what do you think?" aegon's voice raised slightly as she watched him look at her with joy. It seemed that this was his element — the constant cheers, music and dancing. Myanna smiled at him with a nod and placed her hand warmly onto his — "it is all beautiful, I can only thank you for this welcome my king.". Satisfied, Aegon turned away, which allowed her to rest her face again. It pained her, the attempts of trying to love him felt strange. Myanna could not try to love someone she had just met. Tragically, she knew everyone could see this — everyone but Aegon.

Alicent, who had been seated at the head of the table, watched as her eldest son continued to talk with this woman. It was the first time in a while she had seen him so content and satisfied. Maybe it was the fact that Myanna was a young woman, her physical presence gave him reassurance and comfort. Alicent was certain he would never forget about his first wife that quickly. Gripping onto her cup, she swallowed some of the wine down in hopes of easing her nerves and paranoia. Myanna turned away and caught the eye of Alicent, who gave her a slow smile. The two women raised their cups for each other, silently acknowledging each other.

The sense of unfamiliarity was further heightened as Myanna had hoped to catch a glimpse of, who she now knew as, Criston. There was no sighting of his shinning and rich armour and she couldn't help glancing at each corner in hopes of seeing him rested beside a wall. It felt odd but she almost longed for his presence. Feeling defeated, she allowed herself to sit comfortably — he wasn't anywhere to be seen.

As the night continued to progress, Myanna was introduced to several lords and many members of the kings family. They all showed her enough kindness to make her feel at ease. However, the kings mother did not speak to the Starkley girl — they did not even exchange any words. Alicent had always been reserved, but she was bitter of this change in her son's life. The dowager queen could not accept someone else taking the place of her daughter. It was not right and even if the marriage legally was passed — she would never see it as legitimate.

It had come to the time of the night where Myanna was set to be excused. As she began to stand, Aegon grabbed her hand and pulled her down - it was swift and she hoped no one had caught this sudden action. Myannas eyes widened slightly as he leaned in, allowing her to see the true detail of his scars, "keep awake — I hope to come to your chambers tonight". A small smile began to creep onto his face which made her eyes twitch but in hopes of keeping him pleased she gave him a small smile before nodding - "yes my king".

Clutching onto her dress, she began to leave the table. It looked as if that precious soul of hers had been drained, Alicent desperately wanted to know what Aegon had said to her. Myanna refused to look at anyone, she felt like a whore that had given herself to the king publicly. It was humiliating. Although she did not know what he would ask of her, she began to think. What if he asked to bed her tonight? Even the idea made her hold onto her throat, preventing the gasp from leaving her dry lips. Before anyone could see more, she exited through the grand wooden doors — not allowing the men to push it open, she did it herself.

And just like that, the horns that once welcomed her, bid her farewell.

Now that she was alone, she lifted her dress before beginning to quicken her steps — the heels of hers clicked and clacked. Tears threatened to spill from her eyes as she began to imagine being vulnerable in her chambers with him.

Rushing up the staircases, she clenched her teeth and looked from above, all her ladies were waiting for her. They were eager to know what happened.

"leave! all of you!" myanna shouted from the below, the boom of her voice was eerie and without a thought, the girls left — including Dy.

As a woman, she had always known what her duties were. But she certainly wasn't going to give herself up to him so eagerly. Mother had always taught her daughters the importance of femininity and motherhood. A man would never understand. Little Myanna was always warned to never give up something she knew someone else couldn't have — it was hers, she could do whatever she wanted with it.

As she entered the room, she began walking back and forth — thinking only of him. What would he want with her? Why? Was the pleasures of wine not enough for tonight?

Before she could think more, myanna began to take out her clothing. Imagining how she should be presented for him.

"gods protect me" she muttered as she felt the silk of her nightgown soothe her dry fingertips.

‧˚₊•┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈•‧₊˚⊹