FOUR

warning: slight smut and underage drinking 18+ read with caution. Also this was my first time writing smut so I apologize if it's terrible*

March 2000

2 and a half years later and 18 year olds Delilah and Bradley are still together. They moved again after Pete pissed off an admiral, putting them in Texas this time around. Sophomore and Junior year came and went as the young couple comes up on the end of their senior year. 10 weeks until graduation.

Delilah sits at her vanity doing her hair and make up. Tonight was senior prom and she was more than excited. She smiles as she finishes applying her lipstick. Bradley's promposal sits right behind her. She smiles at the poster.

It's spirit week

It's spirit week. Wednesday morning students arrive one by one dressed as their future careers. Many students are wearing scrubs, others in business attire, and even others dressed as their school teachers. Delilah arrives early for her piano lessons, her fathers old Top Gun flight suit on, fitting just slightly too big but comfortably. Even after all these years she still had her sights set on being a naval aviator just like Pete. She still had no idea what Bradley would be wearing, he was still in bed when she left for school on her motorcycle, an early graduation present from her dad.

She jogs out of class as the bell rings, heading for her locker. Suddenly the hallway gets quiet, everyone muttering around her and she can feel their stares. She looks around and spots Bradley walking up to her with a poster in hand, Goose's old jumpsuit wrapped around his body. She chuckles at how they match before her eyes settle on the poster.

Centered on the poster is a Polaroid of their dads both giving the camera person a thumbs up from the cockpit. Written in Bradley's shockingly neat handwriting are the words "Will you be my Wingman at prom?"

Delilah laughs. "I guess we're gonna need callsigns now huh?"

Bradley smiles. "I was thinking Songbird for you."

"Mmm," Delilah wraps her arms around Bradley's neck. "How about Rooster?" She asks.

"Why? Is it because of my..."

"No Bradshaw! Delilah laughs, smacking his chest. "It's a nod to your dad, and might as well keep the bird theme we all seem to have." She smiles while kissing him.

"Perfect. Well Songbird, will you be my wingman?"

"Always, Rooster."

"She said yes!" Bradley cheers, one arm around her waist, the other holding the poster up in his fist.