ONE

Virginia, 1994. 8 years since Goose's accident...

"If you don't sit still..."

"I'm sorry mom. I'm just really excited! This is my best friend we're talking about! I've missed her!"

"I know, you haven't stopped talking about her moving here all month." Carole laughs, sitting in the airport chairs, 12 year old Bradley pacing before her.

"It's been 8 years mom! And if she doesn't walk through those doors in the next minute I'm gonna..."

"Gonna do what? Kill me?" A voice pops up behind Bradley and he snaps around.

"Lilah!" Bradley shouts wrapping Delilah in a tight hug.

"Bradley!" Delilah laughs, hugging him back. "God I missed you!" She smiles, holding him tighter.

"Not as much as I missed you, Princess." Delilah bursts up laughing.

"We're bringing that nickname back?"

"Always," Bradley grins at her before he continues, "Princess."

"Hey Carole." Pete smiles, walking up to them.

"Hey Pete." She smiles, pulling him into a tight hug. "Well what are we waiting for, let's get y'all home." Bradley holds his arm out and Delilah loops hers into his and he guides her to the car. Pete does the same to Carole as they make their way outside.

 Pete does the same to Carole as they make their way outside

"Home sweet home." Pete announces as they walk through the doors of their new home, furniture and boxes stacked into their respective rooms.

"Unpacking, yay." Delilah perks a small smile to go along with her sarcasm, already feeling overwhelmed by it all.

"Well we have plenty of time to unpack and Bradley already offered to come help us out." Pete says, opening one of the boxes in the kitchen, already getting started unpacking.

"I'm gonna get started in my room if that's okay Dad." Delilah calls from the stairs.

"Yea kid, go for it." Pete calls back.

"Okay, love you!"

"Love you too kid!"

Around 10 o'clock that night, Delilah had heard her father head to bed having to be at work early that next morning

Around 10 o'clock that night, Delilah had heard her father head to bed having to be at work early that next morning. Delilah still sat up, folding some of her clothes while a movie plays. She suddenly hears a tapping noise. She pauses her movie and the tapping continues. She walks over to her window to see Bradley Bradshaw throwing rocks at her window. She opens it up and leans out.

"Bradley, what are you doing?"

"What? A guy can't come visit his best friend?" Bradley questions.

"He can when he uses the front door." Delilah laughs.

"Where's the fun in that?" Bradley smiles. "I'm coming up." Bradley starts scaling the side of the house, climbing up to Delilah's second story window. "So how's the unpacking going?" Bradley asks as he climbs through the window seeing her clothes strewn everywhere.

"Slowly. So instead of staring, maybe you could help me." Delilah sits down on her bed, beginning to fold again.

"If I have to." Bradley plops down next to her folding her shorts and jeans.

Hours passed and slowly all of Delilah's clothes were put into their place and the two fell asleep on her bed watching a movie. Bradley lays on his back, arm around Delilah as she sleeps with her head rested on his chest.

5 am rolls around and Pete comes in to check on Delilah before leaving for work

5 am rolls around and Pete comes in to check on Delilah before leaving for work. He opens the door and immediately spots Bradley with an arm wrapped around his daughter. Pete sighs, closing the door and heading downstairs to call Carole. Of course with how early it is it goes straight to voicemail.

"Hey Carole it's Pete. I just wanted to let you know that Bradley is safe at my house, I guess he dropped by to help Delilah and fell asleep. I'll leave them a note for Bradley to get home by lunch." He hangs up the phone and leaves on his bike straight to base.

Around 8 am, Delilah's alarm goes off waking her up. She sits up looking around and suddenly feels the arm around her waist, she jumps up scaring Bradley awake.

"What happened?" Bradley questions.

"We fell asleep! God your mom is probably freaking out." Delilah jumps up and runs out of the room. Bradley followed behind her. Delilah is running through the kitchen when a note on the fridge catches her eye.

Found you and B in the room, called Carole this morning.
He needs to be home by lunch.
Love you, dad

Bradley is throwing his shoes on when Delilah walks into the living room, note in hand. "Apparently Dad saw us and called your mom, you got until lunch to get home." Delilah sighs sitting on the couch.

"So, are you excited for school to start?" Bradley asks.

"Please! Going from on-base school in California to public off base in Virginia?" Delilah groans. "Best transition ever."

"Hey, at least you'll have me." Bradley pushes her shoulder.

"The only good part about this entire move." Delilah turns to Bradley. "So tell me about this school?"