THREE

Delilah sat in her bed, leaning against the headboard while Bradley lay sleeping, his head rested in her lap. They got home from the hospital around 11:30 and Pete collapsed into bed immediately but Bradley didn't fall asleep until almost 3am. Bradley had cried so much that he tired himself out enough to fall asleep. Of course Delilah scratching his head didn't help him stay awake. Delilah sighs, watching Bradley's body move at the steady rate of his breathing. She couldn't help but be worried for him. Although she didn't fully understand the pain he was suffering through, she could understand why he was so hurt from this.

She didn't want to sleep. Worried that the minute she closed her eyes, Bradley would wake up. So she sat awake, her fingers running through Bradley's hair. She smiles at him, wishing that she could take all his pain. Before she knew it, her thoughts slowly came out.

"You know I love you right?" She asks. "Of course you aren't going to respond, but I know you love me too although, it's probably not the same kind of love." She sighs. "I'm in love with you Bradley Bradshaw. Always have been. It explains why I was so hurt when you stopped talking to me. My best friend seemed to hate me and was all over these other girls. Popular girls. Cheerleaders. I was just the kid you got stuck growing up with because our dads were friends. But I could never hate you, B. I only wish you would just see how I feel about you." She cries softly. "And god this is terrible timing to say all this." She chuckles lightly. "You have bigger problems than your best friend being in love with you."

"You have always had terrible timing." Bradley mutters, making Delilah gasp and smack his shoulder. Bradley starts laughing at her as he sits up.

"How much of that did you hear?" Delilah mutters.

"Everything after 'I'm in love with you Bradley Bradshaw'." Bradley mimics and Delilah's face goes bright red. She slaps her hands over her face, extremely embarrassed that she basically just confessed her love for her best friend. "Hey, it's okay." Bradley smiled, pulling her hands away from her face. "Because I'm in love with you too, Delilah Mitchell." Bradley smiles.

"Really?" Bradley says nothing and places a hand on the side of her head, pulling her into a kiss. Delilah is shocked before returning the kiss. The kiss grows more heated the longer they are connected. Bradley pulls away to break for air and smiles at Delilah.

"You have no idea how long I've been wanting to do that." Bradley says while brushing Delilah's hair out of her face.

"So what does that make this? Because you literally just kissed your best friend." Delilah rambles. "Oh god what if we just destroyed our friendship? God, I'm so stupid."

"Hey," Bradley stops her, holding her head between his hands. "I hope this means you'll be my girlfriend. I pray that no matter what we will always be best friends. Forever." He holds up his pinky finger and Delilah giggles.

"Forever." She replies, looping her pinky with his. "And yes Bradshaw, I will gladly be your girlfriend." She smiles, placing another kiss on his lips. "Alright, bed time." She chuckles sliding down in the bed. Bradley leans closely to her, wrapping an arm around her waist. "Oh, one more thing." Delilah says turning around.

"Anything, Princess."

"We cannot tell my dad that we are together."

"Yes ma'am." Bradley jokingly salutes and pulls Delilah close to his chest and falls asleep smiling. Delilah falls asleep not long after, a smile on her face as she snuggles closer to Bradley.

 Delilah falls asleep not long after, a smile on her face as she snuggles closer to Bradley