TWO

2 years later. 1996

"First day of high school!" Carole cheers as she pushes Delilah and Bradley together for a picture in front of Pete's front door.

"Mom!" Bradley shouts.

"Just a few more photos." Carole holds up the camera and snaps a few shots. Delilah and Bradley smiling, Bradley's arm over Delilah's shoulders.

"Okay okay! Aunt Carole I think that's enough photos! We're gonna be late!" Delilah walks up to her giving her a big hug before meeting her dad at the car.

"Have a good day sweetie!" Carole hugs Bradley giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Ugh mom!" Bradley rubs the lipstick off his cheeks.

"Oh stop it. Have a good day, I'll see you after school." She calls out to Bradley as he jumps into the car.

"Bye mom!"

Pete pulls up in front of the school and puts the car into park. "Alright, you got your lunch money?"

"Yes." Delilah answers.

"All of your needed supplies?"

"Yes." Bradley answers.

"Your base ID so you can come on base after school."

"Yes and yes to whatever you are gonna say next, dad. We have to go, I love you, I'll see you after school." Delilah gives Pete a quick hug and jumps out of the car with Bradley.

"Ready?" Bradley asks.

Delilah takes a deep breath. "Ready." They walk simultaneously towards the front door and straight to their lockers that were side by side.

"Hey Mitchell." Delilah looks over to see Chase, a local popular boy who's been hitting on her since she moved to Virginia.

"Chase. Can I help you?" Delilah looks back to her locker pulling out her notebook and binder.

"Well I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me on Friday. Alyssa is throwing this back to school party while her parents are out of town and I'd really like to bring you as my date." Chase tells her.

"Aww how sweet." Bradley teases her, rolling his eyes.

"So if you're ready to take me out, are you ready to meet my navel captain dad?" Delilah turns to him, closing her locker. Bradley pulls in a sharp breath, choking on the air while laughing.

"Well I mean if that's what it takes to be able to get you to go out with me." Chase stands taller, clearly pretending to not be scared.

"Fantastic." Bradley laughs. "Hey why don't you meet us on the tarmac on Thursday and you can meet him fresh off the Jet." Bradley suggests, knowing Delilah's plan.

"The jet?" Chase questions. "I thought you said he was in the Navy?" He looks at Delilah.

"Oh yea. He's a naval aviator. One of the best, in fact." Delilah nods.

"In fact he's the best of the best!" Bradley continues. "One of the few Top Gun graduates with 2 confirmed air combat kills. He's awesome and scary at the same time."

"Actually I think I'm not gonna be able to make that party anyways." Chase walks away.

"Oh well, bye Chase." Delilah waves before turning back to Bradley. "Nice one Mr Bradshaw." They high five each other before swinging their arms down to give each other a lower high five, much like their father's handshake.

"A pleasure doing business with you Miss Mitchell." They turned walking to class. "Alright Princess, I will see you at lunch."

"See you Bradley." They walk their separate ways to class.