Rockstar

I stand over my sink, staring into my own eyes, water rolling down my face. I sigh. "No wonder Benny doesn't know I'm a girl. Look at me." I grab my towel and pat my face down.

I put on some makeup before scrunching my face. "Who is that? Not me." I groan. I grab a face wipe and start over. Deciding to just cover my blemishes and some light mascara.

"I'm no girl, I can't even do my own makeup. I'm so unusual. Why do we even need to know this stuff?" I huff and sit on the counter.

'Benny wouldn't care about that stuff.' I think to myself and start to let my imagination slip.

§ *Ring ring* "Hello?" I ask picking up my phone.

"Hey (Y/N), it's Benny. Let's hang out today, just you and me. Like on a date. I think there might be something special between us, why don't we find out? We're way too smart to be waiting around."

"Benny, I-"§

I sigh, walk in and look around my room. I look at the photos on my wall. A picture of me practising Tai Chi, another snowboarding. One my dad took of the first tyre I ever changed on my own. I smile.

'Benny thinks I'm cool for doing those." My smile drops. "But they're not girly activities." I flop on my bed.

"No, I need to focus on the school concert tonight. I have a solo, I shouldn't be thinking about silly stuff like that."

I pick up my phone and check the time. "Shoot!" I jump up and grab a few things before running out of the house.

~

I walk down the hallway to my next class and notice Benny walking alone. I take a deep breath and walk faster so I can get next to him. "Hey Benny!"

"Oh hey (Y/N), going to class?" He asks nonchalantly.

"Uh-hmm. Yep." I say shyly nodding as we fall into a comfortable silence.

Which was broken by; "Damn, look at her. Diana is so pretty." Benny sighs dreamily.

I hold my breath and cringe slightly. "Beauty isn't everything!" I whisper.

"What?! What was that?" Benny asks kinda upset.

I snap my head to his face and he frowns. "I, uh, I just-"

"No! I don't know what you said but your tone sounded rude. There's no reason to be so hateful of her, she hasn't done anything to you." He says angrily.

I gasp, tears welling up in my eyes. "What?! I wasn't. She is nice! Why are you yelling at me?" I ask.

"Oh, yeah? Well, what did you say then?" He says with his arms.

"I, I said beauty isn't everything. But it wasn't about her specifically." I say trying to storm off.

He cuts in front of me. "Then who was it about?"

"You! You fawn over like every "pretty" girl at this school. There are other girls, ones who will actually talk to you and care about you!" I say.

"What's that got to do with you? I'm allowed to like who I like. This isn't like you!" He yells.

"You don't even know me, guess you don't need me. If you only knew the real me, the one cares about you. I'm a girl too you know? I'm sorry I'm not pretty like Diana!" I go to move again.

He grabs my arm and I turn harshly to him. He winces but I don't let him talk. "No! We're done talking. I'm telling you that I love you but guess you don't notice. You don't need this, huh? Plenty of girls around for you to gawk at. Sad, you're not seeing what you're missing. I'm not girly but I'm not useless!" I rant and pull my arm away.

I glare at him before walking off. "See you at the school concert or not, whatever!" I yell over my shoulder.

Leaving him standing there.

Once I know he's not following me I run to my next class. 'I just got to get through the day."

~

Here I am, once again standing over a sink staring into my own eyes. Makeup on my face, done properly by another girl. 'Did I really do that? Did I actually say that I love him?' I groan.

"(Y/N)?" Someone pokes their head into the bathroom.

"Yeah?" I turn to look at them.

"It's time! We don't want our final act to go on late." They say smiling.

I nod and walk out to the side of the stage. I take a deep breath and clear my mind. 'All that matters now is this performance.'

I take a step onto the stage with a smile turning and waving to the audience as my name is called. I look down at the microphone as the song starts and take one more deep breath before I start.

My mind clears and I speak through my singing.

🎵I might even be a rock star
If you only kne-ew the real me
I might even be a ro-ock star
I'm telling you that we are meant to be
Now wouldn't it be nice if you could see
That I really am a rock star
Yeah yeah, woo
Yeah, I really am a rock star🎵

"Goodnight everybody, thanks for coming out tonight!" I say waving to the crowd once more before jogging off stage. A smile spread over my face.

I hi-five my fellow performers before heading outside for some fresh air. Taking a seat on a bench, I watch as some of the crowd leave the school grounds. Families laughing, teens groaning. I smile again.

"(Y/N)? Oh good, I knew you'd come out here." I hear behind me.

I turn, smile dropping. "What do you want? Here to yell at me again?" I say standing up.

"(Y/N), wait!" Benny calls after me as I walk away. "Look I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."

I stop and glare at him. "So what? You were just trying to... I don't know. Be gross about women?"

"No! I was trying to make it seem like I didn't like you, you know like in an attraction kind of way."

"What does that even mean?" I shake my head in disbelief.

He walks closer to me and grabs my hands looking into my eyes. "I like you, like a lot. But you're my friend and I thought you didn't think of me like that so I tried to hide it. I started to point out other girls when I found myself watching you, so you wouldn't realise my feelings." He sighs.

He lets go of my hands and looks down at his feet. "The reason I yelled at you was because I thought you were just being snarky and mean for no reason. I just heard whispering and I don't know, I freaked out, I'm sorry." He says looking up at me like a kitten.

"Benny, I-" I take a deep breath. "Do you want to hang out? Just the two of us." I ask.

He nods and smiles. "But first. Another apology." He leans in grabs my face and places a soft peck to my lips.

I smile up at him. "I had already forgiven you, dork!" I whisper and smirk.

His face blushes pink. "Better to be safe than sorry, right?" He chuckles leaning back in.

------------------

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry I haven't updated this book in so long.

Someone has been asking for an update for so long, and finally, I have. You know who you are and I hope this is worth the wait.

I love Benny so much. And actually, this isn't even the Benny story I was gonna post. I had written half of another one before I lost inspiration for it. Hopefully, I can finish that one too, and soon.

Anyway, I hope you all love this.

Bye

Drew X