이십육

𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐈 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐑
Chapter XXVI

Another flashback in the first part. Also, can't decide which one to pair her up with so...

———• ———

     "Hyun Hee, why?"

    Rosalyn, a person Hyun Hee was close enough to consider a friend asked in the middle of havoc, beside Choi Han who was pointing his blade in her direction. She grabbed his wrist and pushes it down, looking pleadingly at Hyun Hee.

      But her plea is cast aside as she just stared back with no reaction whatsoever. She sways her hand to the right, and darkness followed, accumulating and flowing like the wind, when Hyun Hee sways her hand back to her left, it solidified and cut through the barrier that Rosalyn created, as well as the people nearest to both sides of the mage shield.

      "Because I can," Hyun Hee chuckled.

     Screams erupted as Rosalyn was too shocked to move, a severed head flew in front of her, mere inches from her face which was now covered in crimson. She saw a flash of black and caught a glimpse of Choi Han attacking Hyun Hee from quite a distance, above the ground as well.

     Her barrier broke.

     With one hit.

      Her hands shook, but there were more important things than the dread she felt, she gathered the civilians to take them to a safe place, away from the chaos...

     "Don't fight like a worried companion. Do you think we're companions?! Are you going to just be my punching sack?! Fight me, Choi Han!"

      Away from her.

     On top of a building, Hyun Hee pushed Choi Han in rage, he didn't have enough time to evade the shadow-formed knife that hit him in the chest, centimeters away from his heart.

     For a moment Choi Han saw a bit of pity in those gold eyes, but it quickly faded and fear soon loomed over as she smiled down at him.

     "Choi Han!"

      Rosalyn blasted him away to save him from falling into a bed of sedimentary rocks or at least that's what they looked like, but sharper, a purple color glowing under them.

      Screams were heard once again as shadow-like creatures started to crawl out of the said glowing purple below the sharp rocks... a portal.

      Rosalyn looks up at the ginormous golems that destroy everything within their path. Even if she and Choi Han were to defeat them, more would just spawn. They need to get away.

     Away from that monster.

——— • ———

      Hyun Hee woke up with a headache, the voices were restless but she felt as though her mind had become stronger after the past few days, sometimes she could completely ignore them too which 'they' did not like.

     "Shut up."

     'Kekeke... having fun with your human friends? You haven't replied to us for a while,' Hyun Hee sighed and smiled at the ceiling, 'What are you smiling for?'

      "You're all bothersome."

      'What... did you say? What did you say?! You better watch your tongue, human. We're being nice to you but you're walking on thin ice every moment of your miserable life, remember that.'

      "My apologies, I forget myself."

       "Who are you talking to?" Hyun Hee heard someone ask, inside the tent in their camp where there is a make-shift bed, he was on the side with his head buried in the mattress, he was surely kneeling on the ground, and he was holding her hand, of course, with both their gloves on, seems like he just woke up too.

     Hyun Hee opened her mouth to say something but no words came out.

      The door opened and Cale stepped in, holding a tray of food, "You're awake," he smiled at her.

      Hyun Hee slips her hand off from Choi Jan's grasp and glares at him. Choi Han looks back at her amusedly, just hours earlier she was clinging onto him... look how the situation has changed.

     "Cale," her voice was hoarse but not in a bad way, as she called out to the redhead, "What happened?" she asked confusedly, glancing at Choi Han once again with a distasteful gaze.

      Choi Han blinks slowly and scoffed at what was happening. He was just there to help, and now he's getting all of this hostility.

      "You were under the effects of a love potion. Remember the vial at the Henituse estate? It wasn't poison," Cale thought that if it was poison then her body would just reject it as she built up a high tolerance.

     Hyun Hee calmed herself, who the hell would dare to drug her? There are probably lots of people, but who would actually accomplish that?

     "Ah... that fu— filthy secretary, ha..."

    'See what he did? Kill him, kill him!'

     'We'll help you!'

     But Hyun Hee realizes that the effects weren't directed at that platypus but instead... she looks back at Choi Han disgustingly, he was glowing and had this aura that pulls her in, and there wasn't something like this earlier or hours after she drank the tea which contains the poison.

      "Please tell me there is a cure for this," Hyun Hee blurted.

      Cale smirked, "Of course there is, you know there's this saying that goes... true love's kiss can break any curse."

      "Is that even legitimate?" Choi Han looks at Cale blankly. Is it just or is he playing the matchmaker? With him and Hyun Hee no less, his fiance, the one he's supposed to marry?

      'Is he perhaps looking for a reason to break off the engagement? I don't want to be a home wrecker,' Choi Han thought to himself.

       Cale made a face, seeing Choi Han looking at the ground, contemplating, it's like he can hear his thoughts.

       "True love is a strong word, couldn't it be someone I hold dear instead?" Hyun Hee asked, genuinely.

       Both of the other two people in the room were caught off guard by that statement so they turned their heads towards her.

      Cale thought he understood what she meant,"I think you misunderstood. It's not just any kind of love so Min Ryung should be excluded from the list. He's too far away too, so it's also something to consider."

     Hyun Hee grabbed him by the collar, making him bend down, she hoisted herself up and her lips touched his cheek.