이십오

𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐏𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
Chapter XXV

    Hyun Hee bit her tongue.

     Cale’s party had to fight off tens of bandits today. The one to handle most of those bandits was Choi Han. He did not kill the bandits. However, he had
no issues cutting off a limb or leaving them a deep scar. Not only that, he did it in an unbelievable speed too.

     ‘Young master, the battle is over.’ The Vice Captain had reported this to Cale with a shocked expression on his face.

     Hyun Hee had not expected it to end so quickly. The bandits were ones who were pushed out of power in a different area nearby. The bandits they had thought were stupid
were at their limits and felt that they could handle five knights because of their numbers.

     Unfortunately, their first target ended up being Cale’s carriage with Choi Han. The reason the Vice Captain’s face was completely pale was not because of the strength of the bandits.

     Choi Han approached next to the Vice Captain and added on, 'It was a light battle. Not even enough for a warm-up.’

     Hyun Hee could see the Vice Captain slightly flinch after hearing Choi Han’s words. She could also see Choi Han smirking while looking at the Vice Captain flinch.

    For some reason that action has brought a reaction from Hyun Hee who was just staring as though in a trance.

    Hyun Hee was shaking her head, erasing the events of earlier in her head.

    “Do you have no appetite?” Cale seemed to be frustrated, as Ron approached him with his usual benign smile.

     Hyun Hee sees him look back and forth between the rabbit soup and Ron, before suddenly realizing something. The old man was making fun of him.

     “Yes. None at all.” Choi Han responded to that statement.

     "Are you feeling unwell?”

     “No, nothing like that.”

     ‘I would have no issues if you caught anything other than rabbits.’ Cale looked toward Choi Han and waved his hand to tell Choi Han to not mind him.

      However, Choi Han continued to look toward Cale with a serious gaze so he asked, “What are you looking at?”

     “...Was that your first time experiencing a battle?”

      Cale just casually responded back to Choi Han who asked with a serious expression, "What battle? You mean with the bandits earlier?”

     “Yes.”

     “Of course. I’ve never seen so many bandits before.”

      “I see.”

      Choi Han nodded his head and quietly mumbled to himself,"...Must have been your first time facing potential death.”

       The spoon in Hyun Hee's hand just fell onto the soup bowl. Her hand flung into her chest as she let out heavy breaths. She feels dizzy and uncomfortable.

      Hyo-Sonn, her maid, quickly rushed towards the carriage to fetch some first aid items.

     "Hyun Hee!" Cale held her hand as she was about to fall off her chair, "Hyun Hee what's happening?"

      Hyun Hee did not answer, at the state she was in, Cale wasn't sure if she can ever hear him.

      "Cale-nim, what's going on?" Choi Han approached them cautiously, "She was fine just a moment ago."