십이

𝐀 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
Chapter XII

     "𝕺h? Is your hand broken? How about a broken neck to go with it?" Hyun Hee took a step forward, twirling her dagger in her right hand.

     "You were talking about how murder is immoral a minute ago," Beacrox muttered.

     "He won't die." Beacrox quickly got up while Hyun Hee look him up and down, he is much taller than her and much older, he looks like a skilled fighter, but so is Hyun Hee.

     She makes sure to stay at a safe distance away from the chef, fixing her stance, and planting her foot firmly on the floor.

     Hyun Hee raises a questioning eyebrow, wondering why he isn't moving a single limb.

     'Does he perhaps believe in the saying, ladies first?' A voice inside her head cackled. That just made Hyun Hee annoyed.

     She closes her fist around the handle of her dagger. She was about to attempt a basic blade throwing when her wrist got suspended in the air, someone caught her wrist. . . and was gripping it tightly, preventing her from doing what she was about to do.

     "This has become a little messy, we still have to meet young master Cale, we can't do that if we're dead."

     Hyun Hee wasn't listening to the old man, her mind drifted to the time when she was being dragged by her wrist.

     Her eye twitched in anger, she was shaking lightly, "Get your filthy hands off of me."

     Choi Han, who was not expecting such a reaction was monetarily frozen.

     Hyun Hee managed to free her hand from his grip, "Didn't I say to let go? You little—"

     She delivers a single, fast thrust with the dagger with a forward jump, Choi Han staggers a bit to avoid getting hit.

      Beacrox was about to get in between them but Ron stopped him from doing so, he was just thinking about a fight between the two, he was not expecting that it will happen in front of him almost immediately.

       Ron thought that he should just come up with a lie to cover up what happened, Beacrox stayed still just as told— or gestured. 

——— • ———

      “𝖄es. You are right. Trash. Haven’t you always been a trashy young master?”

      'Did he not have any fear?' Cale could not help but wonder, as Billos said such a thing to the Count’s son, the first born of the ruler of the territory.

      But Cale did not want to fight with Billos. Billos was someone who was going to take over a large merchant guild. And Billos was being sincere. He was not smiling, he was actually sincerely asking the question.

      Cale decided to answer the question. It was not a hard question to answer anyways. It was easier than figuring out how to make money when you have no money.

      “Billos.”

        Cale had a smile on his face, but did not laugh as he called out to Billos, “You can’t call your father, ‘father.’ You can’t call your brother, ‘brother.’”

      Billos’s gaze turned chilly. He started to take notice of the young master in front of him who had no problem touching his sore spot. Just like he had touched Cale’s sore spot, he was returning the favor by touching his most painful sore spot. Cale just silently made eye contact with Billos for a bit.