38. Our Wedding Plan

"Are you sure, Mom?"  Beam asked with furrowed eyebrows.  "Really sure?"

Moira chuckled.  "Yes, my dear son, I am sure. As sure as I am that you are my only son."

"Mom, you're still joking. This is serious, Mom, this is related to your future!"

"Oh, Beam, why do I feel like our positions are reversed now," said Moira, frowning.  She turned to Forth.  "Forth, what did you teach my sweet Beam, until he became this fierce?"

"Ah, sorry, Mom, but I can't side with you. I don't like sleeping on the sofa," said Forth, pretending to be scared.

Moira snorted.  She took a deep breath and took Beam's hand.  She gently touched Beam's forehead and stroked the wrinkles on his forehead.

"I am confident in my decision, Beam. I will try and be prepared to bear the risks. You can worry, but can I hope that you will be willing to give your blessing and prayers?"  Moira said in a pleading tone.

Beam sighed and turned his gaze to Forth who looked at him with a smile.  He turned back to his mother and nodded.

"I just want you to be happy, Mom," said Beam.

Moira hugged him tightly and kissed his forehead.  "Me too. For you and for me. For all of us."

After Moira came home, Beam sank down on the sofa and closed his eyes.

Forth touched the hair on Beam's forehead and pushed it aside.  He didn't say anything, just played with Beam's hair and occasionally stroked Beam's limp hand beside his body.

"Why didn't you say anything, Phi?"  Beam asked as he opened his eyes and looked at Forth.

Forth shrugged with a smile.  "What should I say? Everything that happens in our lives has a purpose and I think, no matter how extreme the decision your mother takes, she must have really considered it, so why worry? She must have a purpose and she knows how to  achieve it."

"What if he gets hurt again? Or vice versa, she hurts Uncle Joen?"  Beam asked quietly.

"Baby, both your mother and my uncle, they are both more than adults. They know all the risks they have to take and they know what difficulties they might encounter, but it is their responsibility to accept everything," said Forth gently.  He squeezed Beam's hand.  "Let them process, like we are now."

Beam nodded and fell into Forth's arms, trying to convince himself that his mother would be okay.

When Moira said that she would try to have a relationship with Uncle Joen, Beam was very surprised.

Even though Moira and Joen have known each other for a long time, since they were young, things are different now.

Moira failed in her married life, while Joen was completely deceived before starting his married life.  After all, Joen is four years younger than Moira.  Beam was very worried.

However, in the end he tried to accept it and stop worrying.

It has been almost four months since Joen's accident.  Throughout that time, Moira, who accompanied Joen through his toughest times, accepted the fact that he had been lied to by his lover and best friend, who tragically had an accident and died while attending.

"Baby, we have our own agenda that we have to take care of," said Forth while kissing Beam's forehead.  "Don't tell me you forgot about our wedding plans."

Beam blushed.  "No, of course I didn't forget. I've made an appointment with the wedding organizer and we'll meet him early next week."

Forth smiled gently.  "And I have made an appointment with Mister Nanon for suit measurements. We will each make two suits, for your graduation ceremony and our wedding three days after that."

"There shouldn't be a need to make two, Phi, that's a waste. For graduation, I still have a jacket that I can wear. It's just an ordinary ceremony," said Beam.

Forth pinched the tip of Beam's nose in exasperation.  "Nothing ordinary, when it comes to you, Baby!"

Beam blushed and tucked his face into the crook of Forth's neck, inhaling the pleasant scent of the older man.

Forth has never changed since the first time they met, always caring, full of love, and pampering Beam in everything.

Beam often looked at Forth when the man was seriously working or discussing business with his friends.

Forth is very amazing and Beam doesn't understand what good he has done in the past, so that he has had this great luck in his current life, being met and united with a man like Forth.

"Baby, after you graduate, can we get married? I want to immediately legalize our relationship," said Forth in a light tone, when they were having breakfast, two months ago.

Beam was stunned.  "Of course you can, Phi, but why the rush?"  Beam asked.

Forth looked at Beam calmly.  "That's because of what happened to Uncle Joen, which made me want to immediately legalize our relationship. I want, if something happens to me in the future, you will still be fine living your life. All my assets will be yours legally."

"Phi!"  Beam snapped irritably.  "Nothing will happen to you. I will leave you first, if we have to separate and I assure you that only death can do that!"

Forth smiled gently and reached across the dining table and squeezed Beam's hand.

"Only death can separate us, but I will also fight first to let him separate us," said Forth.

"I don't want to marry you if your reason is just so you can transfer your property to me," said Beam, frowning.

"I will be a doctor soon and I will make sure to become the best doctor in my field so that I can make a lot of money, and leave it to you if I die first."

Forth laughed at Beam's words.  His lover is stubborn and really maintains his self-esteem.  He never asked Forth for anything, even though he knew that Forth would be happy to give him anything if he asked.

Beam is very independent and works hard for whatever he wants.  He didn't become spoiled just because Forth showered him with lots of affection and more than enough material things.  Sometimes, he even protests if Forth buys him something expensive that he didn't ask for.

Forth wants to marry Beam immediately, for the sake of peace of mind, not only because he wants to bestow all his possessions on Beam out of love, but because he is also afraid of losing Beam, for whatever reason.

Beam will soon become a successful doctor and many women, even men, dream of being with him.  Forth wanted to immediately announce to the world that Beam was his and no one would dare to interfere.

"Baby, tonight, let's go out for dinner. You and my work are so busy that we haven't had dinner out for a long time," said Forth.

Beam's face lit up.  He needed a diversion from Moira and Joen's problems, and a dinner date was something to behold.

"Come on, Phi, I want to eat out too. I'm sick of hospital canteen food," said Beam.

Forth laughed and took the phone from the table.  "I'll book a restaurant."

Beam's hand reached out and held Forth's phone.  He shook his head when Forth raised an eyebrow in question.

"No, Phi. This time, let me take you on a date. Believe me, I will impress you with a dinner I designed," said Beam with a mysterious smile.

"Hm? Where are you taking me?"  Forth asked curiously.

"To a place that will definitely make you happy," said Beam.  He kissed Forth's nose and stood up.  "Now, let's take a shower!"