CHAPTER 15: He isn't safe for me?

I messaged Ash that I'm coming home.

Within few minutes he texted me back. "It's not like I care or something about you but it's getting dark so shall I come?"

I stared at his messages but then decided to reply "thankyou, but I will come on my own. It's good you don't worry about me." With that I slid the phone in my pocket and started walking until a black mercedes benz stopped right beside me.

The man inside the car lowered his window glass and said in a hoarse voice "get inside."

I started walking faster now because this was getting scary. Why is this unknown person asking me to get in his car? I saw the car's headlights following me and he again said "I won't repeat it again, get inside. I have something to say to you."

I stopped and tried my best not to show the fear that has covered my face and looked at him but he was wearing a black mask which didn't allow me to see his face. Without sharing any conversation with this stranger I started walking until the door of the car opened and I was pulled inside.

I started shouting for help but he shut my mouth with his palms and said "Stop shouting first! I won't harm you."

"Wh-what do you want ?" I said.

I was sweating due to fear and my heartbeat was so high that it felt like if not now then within a few minutes my heart will rip out.

He smirked.

"You should be afraid of that person with whom you are living." He said ignoring my question.

I gulped at his statement.

"What do you mean?"

"You aren't safe with him girl!" He hissed in rage. His eyes were full of anger.

"And who are you to say or decide this?" I don't know from where I got this confidence but I said in anger trying my best to control the tears that are ready to fall anytime.

"Look! I don't know you and don't even want to but I can sense your innocence and I am telling you , stay away from him. He isn't safe for you." He closed his eyes before saying.

"Thank you but I don't need your help." I said and started opening the door.

He held my wrist from opening it and turned me around to face him "be careful before it's too late." He said and opened the door for me to step out.

But me being me I stepped outside and shouted with so much anger "he won't hurt me, you understand?"

I saw him smiling under his mask "we'll meet again little dove, I hope you'll be a little careful."

He left after saying this and I stood there and saw his car getting blurred and then finally out of my vision.
I was so numb to walk on my own so I thought of calling Ash and ask him to come and pick me.

He came within 10 minutes and by the time I stood under a tree and all the things that he said to me was running in my head.

What made him think that Ash will ever hurt me? Am I not safe with him? No way! He won't hurt me and if he's not safe for me then why do I feel the safest with him? Everytime I remembered his words I started shaking nervously. And suddenly it hit me that Ash too broke our friendship because of something he can't tell me now. Is this the fucking reason he has? I thought of asking him once he would arrive but then I remembered how he reacted when I asked in the car.

"Should I ask him?"
"Should I not?"

"Should I ask him?"
"Should I not?"

"Should I ask him?"
"Should I not?"