CHAPTER 106

"NAHI !" Yashoda's eyes widened at the revelation, "Dussahas kaise kiye yeh kehna ka aapne ?! UPAHAS KARNE KA SAMAYE HAI YEH !?" she shouted, her voice trembling with anger.

Nand placed a comforting hand on her shoulder, trying to calm her down, "Yashoda-"

"Y-Yeh kya keh rahe hai aapne suna ?! Ki Krishna mera putra nahi hai ?! SUNA NAHI AAPNE ?" Yashoda's voice rose, echoing through the courtyard. Tears welled up in her eyes as she looked at Akrur with a mixture of hurt and rage.

"Shaant ho jaao Yashoda." Nand said.

"KAISE SHAANT HO JAAYU ?!" Yashoda exclaimed, she then turned her angry gaze at Akrur, "Aapko kya lagta hai ki aap jo kahenge mai Maan lungi ?! Mere ghar mei aake aisa kehne ka dussahas kaise kiya aapne ?! Hote kaun hai aap yeh kehne wale ki Krishna mera nahi D-Devaki ka putra hai ?!" she cried out, her voice breaking.

Akrur, remained composed, "Mai aapki bhaavna samajhta hu Devi. Yadi mujhe par vishwas nahi toh Nand se puch lijiye." He urged her

Yashoda turned to Nand, searching his gaze for reassurance, with tears welling up in her eyes, Yashoda demanded the truth, "Kahiye Aryaputra. Yeh asatya bol rahe hai na ?"

"Yeh satya keh rahe hai Yashoda." Nand said in a heavy voice.

A wave of disbelief crashed over her. "K-Kya ?" She asked.

Nand nodded, "Krishna tumhare nahi, Devaki aur Vasudev ka putra hai. Tumhe garbh se ek kanya ka janm huya tha, jise Vasudev ne Krishna ke saath badal diya tha. Kamsa se bachane hetu, Narayan ki aagya se unhone yeh kiya."

As the reality of the situation dawned on her, Yashoda felt as though the ground had shifted beneath her feet, unsure of what to believe anymore. The truth hit Yashoda like a thunderbolt. She staggered back, a hand flying to cover her mouth in disbelief.

The silence that followed was suffocating, broken only by Yashoda's choked sobs. Nand approached her gently, his touch a mix of comfort and remorse. Yashoda looked at him, her heart torn between love and betrayal.

She looked at Krishna, her beloved son, the center of her universe. He lowered his gaze, unable to bear the weight of her pain. In that moment, Yashoda's resolve crumbled, and overwhelmed with conflicting emotions, she rushed towards her son. With tears streaming down her face, she enveloped Krishna in a tight embrace.

"Maine janm nahi diya toh kya huya ? Palan toh maine hi kiya hai na. Toh.. toh tu mera putra hi huya na, lalla ?" She said.

Krishna, usually so composed and strong, now felt vulnerable and exposed in his mother's arms. Rohini and Balram, witnessing the raw emotions between mother and son, are also moved to tears.

"Bol na Kanha, tu mera lalla hai na ?" She asked again.

Krishna felt a surge of emotion within him, his own tears finally escaping, mingling with Yashoda's, "Ha... Ha mai hu...."

The air is heavy with the weight of the truth revealed, and the unspoken pain that surrounds them all.

In a voice choked with emotion, Krishna says, "Lekin woh bhi toh meri Mata hai na maiya.... Kamsa ne unhe karagrah mei daal diya hai, unke sabhi santaano ka vadh kar diya... Mai aur Dau unki.... Unki antim aas hai.... Samjhne ka prayas karna maiya, m-mujhe jaana hoga..."

Yashoda's mind races, contemplating the agony Devaki must have felt in letting Krishna go, in seeing all her children snatched away from her, seeing six of them trampled upon and killed by Kamsa. Thinking like that, she clings to Krishna, not wanting to let him go yet knowing she must.

"T-tere aagya ke bina toh mai jaa bhi nahi sakta maiya.... Ek aur upkaar karde mujhpar..." Krishna sobbed.

Yashoda, unable to see her beloved Krishna in tears, reaches out to wipe them away gently, her own eyes filled with tears of love. "Aise rote nahi, na lalla na.... Tujhe Jana hai ? Toh Jaa.... Tu Jaa sakta hai."

Unable to bear the pain any longer, Yashoda's strength gave way, and she collapsed to the ground in a faint. In a moment of desperation, Krishna fell to his knees beside her, his face buried in his hands as he wept uncontrollably.

----------

Radha sat in her room, bathed in the soft glow of moonlight, her heart heavy with longing for Krishna. With tearful eyes, she gazed out of the window, searching for a sign of him in the starlit sky. Her mind wandered to their moments together, the laughter, the love, and the joy they shared.

Beside her, perched on a wooden stand, was Shuka, the vibrant green parrot. The bird watched Radha intently, sensing her sorrow, and cocked its head to one side, curious about the deep emotions that consumed her. He kept tilting his head from side to side, as if trying to understand her melancholy.

Suddenly, a melodious sound echoed through the night - the enchanting notes of a flute. Radha's heart skipped a beat as she recognized it as Krishna's call. A spark of joy lit up her face, the weight of her sorrow lifting instantaneously. Without a second thought, she jumped to her feet, forgetting everything but the pull of her beloved.

Leaving her room behind, Radha raced outside, following the sound of the flute with a sense of urgency. The night air caressed her face as she moved swiftly through the shadows. Every step brought her closer to Krishna, her heart beating in rhythm with the music that guided her.

Under the moonlit sky, Radha found Krishna in the forest, a melancholic smile on his face. His eyes held a sadness that tugged at her heart. Without a word, he reached out for her hands, his touch warm and familiar. Radha looked into his eyes, searching for answers, but his smile remained bittersweet.

Leading her to the river Yamuna, a boat awaited them, swaying gently in the calm waters. With graceful movements, Krishna helped Radha onto the boat, his touch a comforting solace to her. As they drifted along the tranquil river, Radha found herself captivated by Krishna's gaze, his eyes holding a myriad of unspoken emotions.

As Krishna rowed the boat, his gaze seemed distant, Radha watched him silently, her eyes filled with concern. Radha's eyes meet Krishna's melancholic gaze as they reach the lush shore across the river Yamuna.

He gently assists her off the boat, his touch warm against her skin. Her eyes are fixed on his face, reflecting a hint of sorrow in his smile. Without a word, he led her into a serene clearing filled with fragrant flowers, holding her hand all the while.

In a secluded grove, there was a swing hanging from a majestic tree. Krishna gently guided Radha to the swing, urging her to sit down as he took his place beside her. The night was alive with the symphony of crickets and the rustle of leaves in the gentle breeze, creating a serene atmosphere around them.

Krishna reaches for his flute and begins to play a melody. His hands tremble slightly as he guides the notes through the night air, each tone filled with longing and sorrow. Radha listens intently, her heart aching at the raw emotion in his music. But suddenly, Krishna's playing falters, the notes wavering as his breath catches in his throat, and he stops abruptly, the silence heavy between them.

With tears glistening in her eyes, Radha looked at Krishna with a small smile, and softly asked, "Kab jaa rahe ho ?"

"Kal." He replied, as his eyes, filled with unspoken emotions, met Radha's gaze, his heart heavy with the weight of impending departure.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Yahi raat antim, yahi raat baaki
😭😭😭😭😭