CHAPTER 107

With tears glistening in her eyes, Radha looked at Krishna with a small smile, and softly asked, "Kab jaa rahe ho ?"

"Kal." He replied, as his eyes, filled with unspoken emotions, met Radha's gaze, his heart heavy with the weight of impending departure.

"Oh." Radha muttered and fell silent.

Krishna's expression remained stoic, his eyes reflecting a deep sense of duty and responsibility, while she gazed at him with a melancholic smile playing on her lips.

He said, "Mera janm.... Mera avtaran dharm ki sthaapna hetu huya hai. Mujhe Vraj chhod, Mathura jana hoga. Dwarika ka nirmaan karna hoga. Arjun ka saarthi banna hoga. Sabhi adharmiyo ka annt karne ka vachan diya hai maine bhudevi ko."

"Jaanti hu." She said.

He said, "Tum chaaho toh mere saath chal sakti ho."

"Jaanti hu." She said again.

He asked, "Toh chalogi ?"

"Nahi." She shook her head.

Krishna frowned, "Kintu kyu ?"

With a sad smile she said, "Shri sadev Hari ke saath rehti hai kisi na kisi roop mei. Jab tak tum Gopal ho, mai Radha ban ke tumhare saath rahungi. Kintu jab tum Dwarkesh ban jaaoge, tab mai Dwarkeshwari ban tumhare paas aayungi."

"Toh tum mere saath nahi aaogi ?" Krishna asked.

Radha gently places her hand on his, shaking her head softly in denial, "Mai toh ek gwalan hu, Krishna. Rajniti mai kya jaanu ? Mera sthaan toh yaha hai. Vraj mei. Surya jab dhalta hai, toh apne piche chandrama chhod jata hai prakash ke liye. Uss hi prakar, tum jab Mathura jaaoge toh mujhe toh yaha rehna padega, tumhare bhakto ke liye." She said.

Taking her hand in his, he asked, "Kintu tumhara kya ?"

"Mera kya ?" Radha smiled sadly, "Mera kya hai ? Prarambh se tumhari hu, annt ke baad bhi tumhari hi rahungi. Netra khulne ke pehle se tumhe aradha hai, netra band hone ke baad bhi tumhe hi aradhungi. Tumhare Gopal swaroop ke smirtiyo ke sang mei jeevan jee lungi."

She knew that their paths diverge here, that her place is in Vraja while his lies beyond. Her heart aches at the thought of parting ways, but she understands his obligations. As silence enveloped them, Krishna gazed at Radha silently. She rested her head on his shoulder, seeking solace in his presence.

"Murli bajao na." She urged softly.

Krishna's gaze lingered on the flute with a mix of fondness and sorrow. The instrument, a faithful companion in moments of joy and solace, now mirrored the impending separation and unspoken emotions between them. With a heavy heart and tear-lined eyes, Krishna slowly raised the flute to his lips once more, letting a haunting melody fill the air.

As the notes floated around them, Radha closed her eyes, cherishing the bittersweet moment. Memories of their time together in Vraja flooded her heart, making it ache with a mixture of joy and sorrow. Krishna poured his emotions into the music, each note a testament to their bond and the impending separation. 

Finally, as the last note faded into the night, Krishna stopped playing, his heart heavy with the knowledge of what was to come. Radha lifted her head from his shoulder, tears glistening in her eyes.

To lighten his mood, she said with a shaky chuckle, "Ab toh tum iss basuri se Rajkanyao ko mugdh karoge, jaise hum gwalano ko kiya tha."

A weak smile made its way on his lips, "Yeh basuri keval tumhare liye baji hai, Radhey. Tumhare alawa kisi aur ke liye nahi baj sakti."

In a sudden surge of emotion, he snapped the flute in half, breaking it. A solitary tear traced down his cheek before he closed his eyes in resignation. The sound echoing like a mournful lament. Radha watches in silence, her eyes filled with tears, as he hands her the broken flute. Taking the broken flute from Krishna, she holds it close to her heart.

As Krishna turns to face her, his eyes meet hers with a mixture of sadness and reassurance. Cupping her face gently, he said, "Radhey, tumne apne prem se mujhe jeet liya hai. Yeh sansaar sadev mere naam se pehle tumhara naam lega. Aur Vraj mei, mere naam se adhik tumhare naam liya jaayega. Yadi koi vyakti mujhe prasann karna chaahe, toh woh awashya Radha naam le."

Radha's gaze softens, her heart heavy with the weight of their inevitable parting. Krishna lets out a sigh, before he pulls her close to him, embracing her tightly, both of them trying to savor the fleeting moments of love.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Bhrighu Rishi ke shraap ke karan, har baar Lakshmi Narayan ko virah toh sehna hi padta hai 😭

Btw next chapter is the last for this book 🥺✨