𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧

NARRATOR'S POV

"Hey, Liz! Come in." Nick greeted her.

"Thanks nick." Liz smiled. "Um, where's-"

"He's in the kitchen with Chris and Matt." He rolled his eyes with a smirk and began pushing her in the direction of the kitchen.

"Matt, you have to. You can't back out now." Chris said.

"Back out of what?" Liz asked curiously as she entered the kitchen.

"Uhhhh... back out of..." Chris began.

"Going to the party!" Nate finished his sentence. "Matt was just saying how he doesn't want to go."

"Matt you have to go." Liz pleaded. "Who's gonna drive us if you don't? We need our dd." She added with a smirk.

"Fine, I'll go." Matt agreed, seeming very easily convinced.

-

Nick and Liz were together in the bathroom the triplets share, listening to music - Liz doing her makeup while Nick just sat and watched.

"Shouldn't you use more contour? You know, to like... shape your face?" Nick asked.

"This isn't RuPaul's drag race, Nick." Liz laughed out loud. "I'm not a male."

"You might as well be." Nick laughed. "I'M JOKING. I'M JOKING. I'M JOKING." He quickly defended himself.

"Yeah, you better be joking or you'll get a pan to the fucking head." Liz laughed at her own joke.

In walks Matt, in his full costume, oblivious of the fact Liz was in there.

"Nick, do you know where-"

"HOLY SHIT! MATT! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING?" Liz excitedly squealed. "YOU DRESSED AS VICTOR?!"

"FUCK! This is why you shouldn't have invited her to get ready here! Now everything's fucking ruined and I just shouldn't go-"

"Oh, you are going to that party." Liz nodded. "Give me a three-sixty of the costume."

Matt reluctantly spun around, showing off his costume.

"Why are you doing this?" Liz smiled.

"Is it not fucking self-explanatory?" Nick rolled his eyes.

"Yes, but I wanted to hear it for myself."

"I don't want to go into it, please, I'm scared enough as it is." Matt said and quickly walked off.

"Nick! Oh my gosh! It's finally gonna happen." Liz turned around and grabbed his hands.

"I know! We have a whole fucking plan."

"There might be a small issue in your plan."

"What?"

"At the moment, Stella doesn't want to be in the same room as matt, let alone speak to him. She asked me to keep him away."

"FUCKING WHY?!" Nick yelled at the top of his lungs.

"SHHHH! I can't tell you, it's girl code!"

"I'm practically a fucking girl, let's be for real."

"She just doesn't want to be around him."

"Whatever it is, I'm gonna need you to help out if we're gonna make this work."

"I'm not taking the blame for any shit that goes down, okay?"

"Great, amazing, perfect. I'm getting Nate and Chris."

-

The group secretly discussed their plan behind Matt's back. If it was gonna work, he couldn't know anything.

-

"I can't do this." Matt said worriedly, biting his nails as he walked into the living room where Nate and Chris were seated, waiting for the others to finish.

"Why?" Nate asked.

"Because she fucking hates me! She doesn't like me, she never will. This isn't gonna work."

"Matt, you're a great guy. If she doesn't like you, that's her loss and you deserve better." Chris gave a comforting smile. "But you are doing this and you can't back out now."

"I was trying to speak to her in class and she just ignored me."

"Is that not what usually happens between the two of you? You know, the pretending to hate each other to hide how you actually feel?" Nate asked.

Matt gave Nate a blank stare. "If she actually felt a certain way about me, she would have said it by now. She always speaks her mind."

"Maybe she speaks her mind but her mind doesn't speak." Chris said with wide eyes, seeming like he'd just made the biggest discovery.

"Okay Einstein, how about you shut the fuck up for now?"

Chris put his arms up in surrender. "Damn, just tryna help."

"Do you even fucking hear yourself-"

"Hate to break up this love fest, but we should get going" Nick said as he walked into the living room to retrieve the guys, Liz following shortly after.

"I'm so scared, I don't think I can drive. I'm gonna fucking crash." Matt shook his head.

"I can drive us there!" Liz offered.

"Do you know how to drive a fucking van?"

"Its just a bit bigger than a car, how hard can it be?"

Chris nodded. "Problem solved! Let's go!"

The three brothers walked outside, Nate and Liz trailing behind.

"You look beautiful" Nate smiled.

"Aw, thank you! You don't look too bad yourself." Liz smirked.

"Just don't get in a car crash or we won't be able to take cute photos"

"You've really got your priorities straight."

-

"Liz, you almost fucking killed us like five times." Matt stressed.

"Well, we made it here, didn't we?"

"Is she here?"

"She texted me saying she'll be here in ten minutes."

"Shit."

Chris grabbed Matt's shoulders. "Matt, listen to me. Don't think about it, just do it. Alright? You're thinking about it too much."

"You're right, I'm just gonna do it as soon as she gets here." 

"Good boy."

"Shut the fuck up."

-

What was only ten minutes felt like years to Matt. Half the party was already drunk and it was only eight o'clock. His overwhelming thoughts were taking over his mind and he didn't know how he would even be able to get a word out around Luna. Usually it's easy because the circumstances are different- he always knows how she's gonna react. But tonight... would be a whole different story.

authors note

@stars4valerie

^^ she literally predicted matt's costume like what-

matt likes luna confirmed?😱😱😱

not super confident in this chap but whatever🤗

I'm gonna try get the next chapter out in a few hours but I'm having a bit of writers block😔

i have to take a shit xx bye guys😘

- cj