42 || WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND

Madam Pomfrey hesitantly lets go of Lyra in the early morning. She insisted the blonde to take a calming draught and take another up to her dorm just to be safe. Poppy Pomfrey is not one to ask many questions. In her old age, she's much too aware of the ailments of students. Lyra's panic attack was precipitated by many things but mainly the Quibblers article.

The infamous article, where Harry Potter retells the event of You-Know-Who's return, made its way through the student body and the professors alike. Students think they're slick and that their Professors never find out about the gossip and rumors but they're always one step ahead. They only intervene when necessary or else they'd go crazy.

"If you continue feeling this way Miss Malfoy do not hesitate to return. I always have calming draughts in stock. If not, I'm sure Professor Snape is willing to help. Alright, dear?" Madam Pomfrey says, handing Lyra a vial filled with a swirling cerulean concoction.

Students are cruel and vicious and as Lyra learned already they see her as a villain due to her father's misdoings. They expect her to snap any moment now and begin cursing muggle-borns left and right. Not Madam Promfrey though, she gives her students the benefit of the doubt because of everything she's seen throughout her years as a healer.

Lyra nods and reassures her, desperately wanting to get out of the room and get to the bottom of yesterday's occurrences. There's a battle taking place on what's more important: her father's name being published in the Quibbler or George's seeming infidelity.

George. Definitely.

She can't change whatever that idiotic magazine said but Lyra can regain control in terms of Alicia and George's love affair. Her blood boils just thinking about it. One of the last things she remembers before blacking out is Alicia's stupid smile after kissing George. Merlin, she wanted to curse it away.

It doesn't make sense why he would do this to her. Even if  he feels something towards his classmate it's unlike his character not telling Lyra or breaking off their relationship, nice and clean. Unlike Fred, George is a lot more considerate toward others' feelings.

Lyra would be devastated by the end of their relationship but that's neither here nor there. It's about the fact George had no consideration to tell her about it or even go see her at the Hospital wing to check up on her and explain himself.

Stuffing the vial down one of the pockets in her robe, Lyra goes in search of her possible ex-boyfriend. George is a man of habit and every morning he checks on the potions he might be brewing with Fred and afterward, he heads down to the Great Hall for breakfast.

"George?" Lyra calls out when she enters the fume-filled classroom.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" George turns looking at her with annoyance, causing Lyra to frown.

The way he says her last name is strange. Whenever they encounter each other in the hallway and playfully argue to keep up appearances there's always a double meaning to his words. Things only she would understand. He would say 'Malfoy' not with harshness but with familiarity.

His attitude change is giving her whiplash. How can he be so loving a day ago and totally hateful today?

"What do I want?" Lyra's voice shakes before it turns spiteful. "Correct me if I'm wrong but last thing I knew we were together. So, why the bloody hell were you kissing that obsessive fool last night?"

George steps closer to her with his eyebrows furrowed. His brain is in a fog he rakes up to exhaustion. What he says next he does without thinking, "Alicia is not an obsessive fool. She's my friend and for the first time I'm coming to realize that I have feelings for her."