33|| GREEN EYED MONSTER

Lyra didn't care to wonder where her other two roommates were as she sat on her bed playing with her fingers. It's been about half an hour since Patricia saw her kissing George. Since then, different versions of the same explanation have run through Lyra's head. She's trying to find the one to make her seem the least bad. If both girls had been in another house, there wouldn't be much to say except for, 'Hey, I'm dating George Weasley. The cute redhead from Gryffindor? Yes, that's the one!'

The door opens, revealing Patricia behind it. The brunette closes the door behind her promptly and casts a charm preventing anyone from spying on them. No one can know if this is as serious as it seems. It's better to be safe than sorry, especially in the dungeons where ears are always perked. The witch stands in front of Lyra, crossing her arms and waiting for an explanation.

"You're back so soon," Lyra says in surprise. She's nervous. Besides Enzo, who figured it out himself, she's never had to tell anyone. Where does she begin?

"Do you think I could focus on my honey bear with what I witnessed?" Patricia speaks in a hushed tone. Marcus was onto her earlier. He knew something was off, so she quickly came up with the excuse that she had gotten her period. She took longer than she wanted to return due to Marcus doting on her, asking if Patricia was okay and if she needed something. He's dated her long enough to know how she gets that time of the month.

Lyra lightly cringes at the nickname but shrugs it off. Now is not the time to discuss ridiculous nicknames, especially how 'honey bear' doesn't fit Flint at all. "Sorry," Lyra apologizes, "Are you angry?"

Patricia's shoulders relax, and her gaze softens. Last year she had noticed strange behavior from Lyra. Still, she decided against questioning her because Lyra tends to be private about her personal life. Patricia thought she had a rebound after the Adrian breakup and accepted it. With Lorenzo around, she hadn't noticed anything too strange. She thought everything was back to normal, "I'm not angry, but I'm confused, and I don't know what to make of it. Now spill."

Lyra has always known she could trust Patricia with this. Her family does not entirely support the blood purity culture, just enough to stay in beneficial social circles. Conveniently they all marry pure-blooded wizards as well. While they tolerate half-bloods and certain muggle borns, they are much more lax with blood traitors.

Taking a deep breath and motioning for Patricia to sit, she tells her friend about how she came to date George Weasley up until recently. The brunette holds onto every word Lyra says, joining the dots on all those weird moments Lyra has disappeared or behaved weirdly. Now she knows the spread lipstick from the train was due to a certain redhead.

It's oddly cathartic to spill her guts to Patricia. For once, she feels like an ordinary 16-year-old girl venting about her newest crush. As the shock washes away, Patricia reacts accordingly to her stories, squealing at exciting parts and cursing people out at the bad ones. By the end, the nervousness and tension have dissipated and replaced with giggles and hushed whispers.

"But wait, where does Lorenzo fit into all this?" Patricia asks as certain things do not add up. If she's this serious about Weasley, she wouldn't be openly cheating with Lorenzo.

"In the summer, we spoke a lot and became really good friends. I told him, or more like he figured, I was dating someone I was not supposed to. We sort of came into an agreement where we let people think we're dating to ease off any suspicion," Lyra explains, realizing how crazy the past year has been.

"That's really smart. No wonder we've never seen the two of you kiss!" Patricia exclaims, slapping Lyra on the arm. "I can't believe you're dating a Weasley," she adds in awe.

"Patricia, no one can know. Promise me you won't tell a soul?" Lyra pleads to her friend, holding her hands.

"I won't. Promise," Patricia nods, squeezing her hands. "I'm happy you found someone to make you happy. I have to ask, though, what does this make of you? In terms of blood purity?"