7. Let's Date

Hello Dear Gentle Readers

Firstly stop re- reading the title. 😉

I don't know when I will publish the next chapter because I have exams next week and I still have lot of assignments to do. So just letting you all know.

If I write something I will post a reel and the chapter will come soon after.

Happy Reading

My entire body misses his warmth in the cold night when he takes two steps back

My entire body misses his warmth in the cold night when he takes two steps back. My hand slipped from his shoulder and his wildly beating heart. It feels like someone pricked a thousand needles on my skin.

His face was washed by a haunted expression. His black eyes darken even more as he flexes his hand opening and closing in a fist.

It's anger and disgust, even the darkness can't camouflage these expressions.

" What did you just say? " He says.

It's not the boy who was holding me like I was the most precious thing. With so much care that I even lost control of myself, my actions, my thoughts and everything. My actions and thoughts something I take pride in keeping under a tight leash slipped from my body, mind and soul like sand in fist.

He looks different and even sounds different to my ears. Serious and cold like I have never seen him before.

" I asked you something so answer the damn question. " His words fell over me like a bucket filled with ice cubes.

" You Have a girlfriend. " I whisper doubting he even heard what I said.

I might have lost myself in him like oxygen in the air. But the small nagging voice in me I was trying to ignore for the last two days every time we were close and today I think his attempt to kiss me was the straw that broke the camel's back.

He has a girlfriend. Everyone knew about it.

Still, his expression changed. If he looked angry before I don't know what to name it now as his nostrils flare and he just looks up like asking God for help, patience or whatever he needs right now.

" And who do you think she is? " He says and this time I am the one who averts my gaze.

Honestly, I might have kissed him if Maya wasn't in the picture. Not something I am proud of, a high school relationship or whatever people call it wasn't on my top hundred not-to-do list because it sounds silly and impossible.

But Madhav being just Madhav made me question my conscience which was screaming at me not to kiss a boy who already had a girlfriend.

What would that make me?