The Clark's

Today is the day,

Like THE. DAY.

the day that was the reasoning for this entire relationship scam.

Today marks the day that I meet the Clark's as Aiden's girlfriend.

And to say I'm nervous is the understatement of the century.

I had decided to dress up, due to their expensive and well put together taste that I've only ever witnessed a couple of times.

I am currently wearing a white summer dress that ends right before my knees—Taylor had bought it for me— and a black leather jacket to match my combat boots.

"Personally, you look hot" Aiden comments, sighing as he was tired of my constant worrying.

We had actually grown closer than I ever thought we would. so small things like that didn't phase me as much as they used to, but they still stuck. Due to him being my—'boyfriend' I've always received sweet little complements from him around the others.

"You aren't helping!"

"You don't want me to help,"

To be fair, no, I don't want him to help. But I am dressing up for his parents after all.

"What should I do with my hair?" I ask, currently my hair was not styled. It was untangled, as I just brushed it..now I'm getting anxious over my hair? Jesus Christ.

"Your mom pins it back right? I've seen photos of her before.." thinking back to the big portrait of Aidens family in his living room, I know I'm rambling, but it just feels necessary, it feels like if I don't speak my thoughts everything will just come up in the form of vomit.

"So—" Aiden interrupts my internal crisis, "Barrettes?"

Barrettes? Is he serious. No—absolutely no way, they are to simple.

But..do I want to look like a try hard, if I do anything else? I don't want my braids today, a pony tail is to sloppy, half up and half down is to much and would definitely leave me overstimulated just by attempting to do the style.

"Barrettes wouldn't be so bad.." I mutter, walking away from my closet, to my desk. I pull open the top drawer and take out a big bag of hair clips. "I think they would look better if you wear em' as accessories rather than actually pinning your hair back. It'll make you look nice," he shrugs, and jumps up from the position in my bed where he was sitting. I watch as he glides across the room over to me, and zips open the bag of clips, he sticks his hand in and rummages around, pulling out two identical black hair clips.

"Can I put them in?" He pleads, I nod slightly, "I'm starting to think you have an obsession with my hair." Feeling a smile pull at my lips, Aiden cups one side of my face as if to steady my head from not moving.

"Who wouldn't? It's like a big flowing fountain of Fanta," he comments, concentration filling his once smiling face. "Fanta? Really that's all you can compare ginger hair to?"