Millie's

Before I knew it, the last bell of the school day rung.

I watched as kids around me excitedly got up, eagerly rushing out the door to escape the cramped classroom.

Sighing, I stuff my science binder into my bag, and for the hundredth time sling my backpack over my shoulders. Making my way to the ajar door, I notice a familiar blonde stalking outside of it.

I silently greet him, continuing to make my way over to the exit of the classroom.

Aiden smiles at me, but grabs onto the back of my bag so he could stay close to me in the crowded hallway. Together, we dodge kids clumsily tripping, running, and standing talking to their friends yet somehow take up the entire hall. The twists and turns of the schools layout feel almost changing as we continue to turn corner after corner.

The crowded hallways began to thin out as students left the building, and eventually we came face to face with the exit door. Aiden let go of my backpack and made a dramatic gesture to open the door,

"After you ma'am," he comments when I walk past him. 

"Thanks?" I mumble slightly.

Personally, the walk to Millie's isn't that far, but it feels like forever when neither of us make any attempt for conversation. As noted before, WEIRD for him not to.

We tread on the sidewalk in silence, i avert my eyes from the cracks in the cement to him. Only to notice his classic smile is faltering, instead a more embarrassed look appears on his face.

It can't be that bad right? Why is he so nervous, I can't even recall a time where Aiden was ever ashamed or regretful. This is completely new, and it only makes me want the answer to his actions more.

Suddenly, the diner appears after we walk over a small hill. As we approach, I can't help but try to pry for the answer, as patient as I can be, I feel like Aiden is being extremely obnoxious of trying to hide his emotions, only making me feel more restless.

"Okay—on a scale from one to ten, his bad is it?" I say, breaking the silence between us, "ten being the worst," I add quickly.

I watch as he considers his answer, "uhm, probably like a—six? It's not that bad, I swear it's just—" Aiden pauses himself, he stops walking and takes a deep breath. "I'll tell you when we get inside." He continues to walk ahead of me, rushing over to the brightly lit diner.

.

Millie's was definitely either around for a long time, or based on 50's diners, because the checkered tile flooring and the bright color of the booths are most prominent when you first walk in.

A—college student? Is the hostess, her smile is a bit to friendly. "Well aren't you two cute!" She comments, in a thick Philly accent —which by the way I was not expecting— Me and Aiden give each other a questioning glance, before he speaks up.