A Znakhar's Words

The night within Club Twilight continued pleasantly for most of the crew as they danced about as the music entranced them. Although, Tyrik was able to take notice that something was bothering Esmeralda after the small encounter with Misa. This was a new experience to him as Tyrik was often seen as an afterthought during his time in school. The only time he was given any form of romantic attention was with his ex-girlfriend. It did not help that being autistic, it was a lot harder for Tyrik to recognize social cues such as flirting. ‘If that is what Misa was trying to do… But I don’t really see what she would find appealing to me… On that note, beyond what Esmeralda had told me, I don’t see why Esmeralda felt the need to be defensive regarding people who choose to interact with me…’ Tyrik thought to himself as he tried to analyze the situation and figure out what was going on. What was bothering him the most was how the interaction not only nearly broke into a massive fight, but also by the fact Esmeralda grew a bit depressed after he managed to calm everyone down before punches could be thrown. It did not really help him with the fact that Esmeralda refused to open up about what was bothering her. However, she did welcome the idea of them sitting at the table that both Red Son and Washta had bought for the time within the club.

Esmeralda’s personality is in a way the opposite of Tyrik. While Tyrik was very bubbly, open, and very emotional. Almost like he wore his emotions on his sleeve and always spoke his mind despite how blunt his thoughts could be. Even if Esmeralda could be a bit bubbly like Tyrik. This was due more to a strong sense of self-confidence rather than feeling comfortable being very open about themselves. In fact, Esmeralda did not want to burden her friends with any of her troubles. Yet, for her to build this form of self-confidence only came from the long list of trails created within her life. Seeing Misa getting so close to Tyrik and being willing to attempt to steal from her… It did place a dent into this wall that The Dökkálfar Princess managed to build up for herself. Letting out a small sigh, Esmeralda shifted into her male form to help relieve the growing dread. Seeing Tyrik develop a small blush on his face did amuse Ezekiel a bit. “Guessing you have some kind of thing for watching people transform? You seem to get a bit red each time I have to change my appearance.” Ezekiel questioned while putting on a teasing pose to show off his masculine physique.

Tyrik didn’t bother to deny this claim made by the Dark Elf. “Don’t know why, but I would admit it is somewhat a kink… From time to time when I was growing up, thought about cosplaying one of my favorite female characters oddly enough.” Tyrik explained further without any thought as the words came out. Ezekiel didn’t reply to these words but did make a mental note for later. After all, he wanted to make sure that it was possible to prove the idea was true first. However, this moment between them came to an abrupt close as they felt a powerful presence come to approach them while the sound of a wooden cane echoed and made contact with the stone pathway.

The duo turned towards the sound and they were surprised by what they came to see. What they were expecting was a strong figure to approach them, not an elderly man with skin that seemed to cling onto his bones as if he had not eaten in many, many lifetimes. As the cloaked elderly man spoke, his voice created a very dried and ragged tune. Speaking with a voice that died out far beyond the man’s death date. “Pardon me… I seem to have gotten myself lost…” Both Tyrik and Ezekiel had a subconscious feeling that it was best to remain on their guard around this elder, even if it appeared that his body would turn to dust at the slight attack. “I am in desperate need of some water and food… Would you please do an old man a kindness?” He requested while clinging onto the cane as it shook violently, displaying that the Elder could barely support his weight due to the passage of time. 

“Sure…” Tyrik said while questioning why he felt that he HAD to destroy this man. However, the Hybrid managed to suppress this instinct that he reasoned to come from the Dragon within. “Mind if I ask you what your name is? As well as why I am having this compulsion to end you here and now?” Tyrik did not understand why this was the case and knew better than to try lying about it either. After all, Tyrik knew he could not lie to save his life, and Ricky as well as his mother was able to quickly figure out any falsehoods that he attempted to escape any punishment when he was growing up. Even that time when he had purchased some off-brand items to help quell another subconscious need of his that came from time to time.