Scorned Embers

“So… How many cities like Xuanpu are on Earth, Ricky?” Questioned Tyrik as he and Ricky Santos ventured into the streets of The Japanese Mythic City within the Teram Kangri. The superhero fan was ecstatic at the various Mythics that went about in the city and was eager to see the other cities. Tyrik was someone who liked to learn about things that captured his imagination which could range from comics, movies, games, and even mythology. “I know that you have a group of Divine that has helped places like this stay hidden. Yet, it is still amazing that places like this had been hidden away for so long with no one finding them.” He declared as Tyrik lost himself in his own amazement.

With a small chuckle, the kapre began to give his curious friend some insight. “There are notable ones like Xuanpu. Such as Nidavellir, Thebes, and Camelot. Fun fact about both Thebes as well as Camelot. Thebes was the birthplace of Khonsu despite it being an important city to Olympians. For Camelot, the kingdom is protected by the current Queen of Fairies and Faeries. The mighty Morgan Le Fay.” Ricky explained with a smirk while he began to light his smoking pipe. 

“Morgan Le Fay? Like the same Sorceress that was King Arthur’s half-sister? Plus imprisoned Merlin in some kind of tower or cave within the Broceliande forest? … Or something like that…” Tyrik questioned as he began to debate if this information was correct or not. After all, he knew that his memory was not exactly the greatest until you asked him about things regarding his favorite fandoms. Even Tyrik never could understand why he could remember things that he may have only seen once on a VHS tape when he was five with such accurate detail. Yet he couldn’t remember the names of others or elements that they had shared with him if he didn’t write them down immediately. 

“You’re on the right track about Morgan, Ty. Though, if it wasn’t for her. Mordred would have sparked a dangerous cycle of hatred that would have invoked The Ethereal Council to purge all of Humanity… The Black Knight’s actions, including assassinating King Arthur and Sir Lancelot were the last straw for them and lead to the separation of Mythics from Humanity.” The Kapre told his best friend with a sense of dread as he took in a puff of smoke from his pipe. Yet as these words were spoken both Tyrik and Ricky spotted a small gathering of Mythics as they listened to a kitsune. Yet, something was unique about the kitsune. His fur color was a very rare silver and bore a total of seven tails. The Kitsune wore armor that was best suited for both a talented ninja as well as a powerful sorcerer of unparalleled power. The armor itself was a mixture of jade green and brick red coloring.

“Who’s that guy?” Questioned Tyrik as he headed over to the crowd while taking on his Draconian form without a conscious thought. Ricky did find this a bit strange that Tyrik had shifted forms yet he followed behind Tyrik as they began to hear what the silver kitsune was speaking about. 

“With the events that happened within Nidavellir regarding the abomination. How did such a monster with near invincibility come to be?” The Kitsune spoke with such power and authority as his eyes glowed with near-godlike magic within them. “What those Divine that claim to protect us hide the truth of its origins. That creature was not a natural entity, but one that was made by the Humans that forced all of us into hiding.” He spat with a mixture of rage and determination as his eyes darted throughout the crowd, peering into each Mythic as if the Kitsune were analyzing them with extreme precision. “They want us to believe that the lower life forms will not break the veil that keeps us hidden from Humanity. However, we all know that it will be inevitable due to their never-ending greed as well as the rediscovery of the Arcane Crystals. Already human corporations such as Cryptix Energy, White Star Corporations, and Gibbs Industries are finding many of the lost Arcane mines.” He declared with bitter truth as Mythics spoke among each other his eyes landed on The Blue Draconian with an expression of shock visible on his face. The Seven-Tailed Kitsune took a brief pause as he and Tyrik locked eyes with each other. Within that brief second their eyes glew with powerful Mana, the Kistune eyes shining with the color of pure moonlight as well as runic symbol. Tyrik’s eyes, on the other hand, began to form into orbs of raw electrical power as lightning sparked and his claws extended with razor points. However, this small intimidation display was not acted upon as the fox turned back to the crowd before him. “We all know that a war between Humanity and all of Mythic Kind will reignite in the near future. The question will be this: Will you coward and submit to the species that forced us into hiding from the fear of absolute annihilation? Or will you ally yourselves with me and The Dark Thralls? I, Kizeno Shadeflame The Seven Crescent Tails, am one of many Mythics who are forming a force that will destroy the human oppressors and the pathetic Divine that stands idle.” He declared as many Mythics were captivated by the speech given by this powerful Kitsune Warrior.