ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ

tw: blood; if you dont feel comfortable with this, please don't force yourself to read this! stay safe.

(Y/n) wasn't quite sure if she was floating or sinking. All of her perspective on gravity had left the moment she had woken up in what seemed to be an empty void. It was deathly silent, quiet enough for (Y/n) to hear her heart pound in her chest.

(Y/n) shifted slightly, looking around the formless area for any sign of, well, anything. But alas, nothing had changed. Every direction (Y/n) gazed was the same– a dark, formless black that she presumed continued forever.

(Y/n) tried to take a step forward, but her feet landed on no solid ground, leaving her tumbling. There seemed to be no gravity, so she just floated aimlessly around. (Y/n) let out a sign. She wasn't quite sure what to feel. A part of her wanted to be scared, but as bad as the situation seemed, panic couldn't make its way to wrap its cold hands around her chest.

"Hello?" She called out to the darkness, not expecting a response.

To no surprise, no one answered. (Y/n) closed her eyes again, letting herself drift through the shapeless world around her.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Aang nervously paced around on the saddle, his eyes glued onto (Y/n)'s sleeping form. Her chest slowly rose and fell, a relieving sign to the group. Katara frowned, clutching her sister's thin hand in her own. She shuttered slightly at its cold temperature but continued to hold on.

"Wake up, please, (Y/n)," she whispered, softly staring at her sister's face.

(Y/n) jaw was tightly clenched, her eyebrows furrowed together. Sweat dripped down the sides of her flushed cheeks. Katara's lips drew into a small line. She reached over to (Y/n)'s face, replacing the wet towel on her forehead with a new cold one.

"We need you," she continued, squeezing her hand tighter. "I need you."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

(Y/n) spent most of her time in the void sleeping. She wasn't quite sure how long she had been in there. It could have been a couple of hours or a week. Time seemed to be an illusion in the abyss, something meaningless and superficial to even remember.

(Y/n) drifted through the darkness, turning her body in different directions. It felt relieving to weightlessly dance across the darkness without the stress of anything to drag her down.

Why was she so stressed in the first place?

(Y/n) furrowed her eyebrows, trying to remember why she had felt so on edge. Why was panic grasping her chest so tightly? She shook her head, unable to recall anything.

"Why can't I remember anything?" (Y/n) murmured to herself, dragging her hands across the temples of her forehead. "I– I was with Katara and Sokka–"

(Y/n)'s eyes widened. 'Ah,' she thought. 'I forgot about Katara and Sokka.' She smacked herself, cursing for forgetting something as important as her siblings. But the feeling of something gnawing at the back of her mind didn't leave.

"Dear, are you alright?" A foreign voice called out, piercing the melancholy silence of the void.

(Y/n) whipped her head around, turning to face a woman. Gravity finally seemed to take its toll on (Y/n), her feet connecting with solid ground for what felt like the first time in an eternity. (Y/n) let out a shaky breath, the feeling of being held down giving her a strange sense of deja vu.

The woman in front of her frowned, taking a step closer to her. With each step she took, the void seemed to disappear behind a veil of light, drowning out the inky darkness in her footprints.