Mumbles

"Please Chris! I'll do anything you need me to do I just want to be able to check up on him!" I whine

"No! You're sounding like Sierra. And one of her is enough!" Chris yells back.

"Chhrrrriiiiiissssssuhhhhh! Pleeeeaaaaaasssseeeeuhhhh!!! I'll even do something in the next challenge!"

"Hmmmm... Okay. I'll bite. You can stalk your little boyfriend and I'll find a way to fit you into the challenge,"

"THANK YOU CHRISSSS!!!" I hug the host and run off into the camera room.

"She ain't right..." Chef Mutters.

"You're telling me... I don't know what she sees in that guy..."

"He's definitely an improvement of Duncan,"

"The girl's attracted to a criminal record..."

I sat in front of all the screens, trying to find one of boney island.

My face lights up as I see him. He's mumbling? I change the cameras to just view him and I turn up the audio.

Incoherent murmurs flood my ears, but a grumble catches my attention.

"Stupid Y/N... She's so distracting..." My heart breaks a little. That once bright smile turned into a rejected frown.

"I knew I shouldn't have gotten close to her. She's so... UGH! Why can't I shut out all my feelings again? It was so much easier back in Juvie..."

My eyes widen. "Mal was in juvie?"

I continue to watch and listen, even if my heart was aching.

Wait didn't he say something about feelings? What kind?

"God she's so distracting with that stupidly cute smile... the way she curls up against me... her laugh. That laugh..." His lips curl into a smile. My eyes widen but in a good way. I smile softly at the screen. I zone out. Off with the fucking fairies after finding out he thinks that way about me.

I can't help but imagine how him and I will be when this is over... We could go around the world or even just living a better life than what each of us have.

A sudden knock on the door snaps me out of my little daydream about Mal. I swivel around on the chair to face a now empty door frame. Well not completely empty.

A tape lies there. I move over to grab it. In black sharpie it says, "Lovestruck emo". I giggle a little but place it into the VHS player.

The confessional loads up.

"Y/N. Y/N... My god. She's making this game so much harder for me but at least her and I can make it to the final together..."

Then the next one starts playing,

"Everything about that girl drives me crazy... Her laugh is the one thing from blowing up this whole island..."

The static plays again.

"I can't believe that punk idiot fumbled a girl like Y/N. She's perfect... I bet if she was given the motivation she'd be unstoppable."

"WHEN I FIND OUT WHO RIGGED THE VOTE AGAINST HER IM GONNA—" A series of bleeps play out " KILL THEM AND THEN FEED THEM TO THE MUTANT SHARK."

"I BET IT WAS THAT UGLY PUNK WHO RIGGED IT AGAINST HER... Ohh boy is he in for it. Even if it wasn't him he's still a massive—"

The footage changes from the confessionals to Mal and Chris.

"Oh uhhh... Hey! Chris!" Mal does a Mike impression. I smile a little remembering how shit of an actor he is.

"Yes Mike?" Chris says, rolling his eyes.

"Do you... uhm... by any chance know Y/N's favourite flower?"

"Yes I do. Why do you need to know, Mike?"

"For uh... errr...Heroic reasons! Yeah yeah... Heroic reasons!"

"Riiiiggghhhhtttt... It's a Lily of the Valley. They're pretty hard to find 'round here sooo... Good luck?" Chris then leaves the area. Mal sits there and makes a mental note of that and begins a search. I smile knowing he cares for me.

The scene shifts again, this time to the night him and I were on the couch. My lips curl up as my face heats up.

He sat there with my head on his shoulder, he stares at me in a loving sort of way. He gently shifts to not wake me. He goes to lift me up but then stops and grabs a piece of paper and a pen. He writes that note he left.

Again the scene changes to us laying down together on the grass out front of the losers cabin.

My head on his chest as he gently strokes my head. He sighs, giving me that loving look again.

"You're so gorgeous... I hope you see that..." he whispers to my sleeping form.

He gets up off the ground and carries me to the girls side of the cabin, being careful not to wake anyone. He places a gentle kiss on my forehead before leaving.

The static comes back, showing the outhouse.

"People think I volunteered for boney island as some sort of trick or those idiotic peons who don't know mikes gone think I was being oh so selfless and heroic, but it's the only place left for me to check. This girl has taken up every thought in my mind... Especially after that stunt she pulled. She has to know what she's doing to me..." Mal admits. "Don't you dare tell a soul."

I felt like I was about to explode. He really likes me. He likes me.

I hold my hands to my cheeks smiling dreamily at the monitor in front of me.

I can't wait to see him again...