Trust

It was 4:28 AM

It was 4:28 AM.

Again I want able to sleep. Definitely not now that Duncan's on our team. So to try and distract myself, I've been watching twilight. Genuinely confused on how people find this hot...

A feel someone's eyes on me. My body stiffens but I try and relax it.  Their eyes don't leave me. I groan.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." I say loud enough for them to hear me but not too loud so that others would wake up.

"Woah there, Princess, I was coming down here to see where you were." My face lights up at the sound of his voice. A smile evident on my face.

"I'm glad it's you, Hot-Topic. If it was Duncan I might've hung myself." I say, wrapping my hands around my neck. He chuckles and walks to the couch I was on. He doesn't sit, he just looks down at me. "Uhmm... Hot-Topic? You can sit, it's fine..."

"You look really crushable at this angle." He says with a smirk. I cock a brow.

"And you look every kickable at this angle. Now sit!" I say with a whine.

"God you sound like that brat that was on our team..."

"Don't do me like that, Mal!" I pout jokingly. He chuckles and sits down next to me.

"Y'know your temper in the last Challenge could be a good strategy. People would fear you if you'd act more like that." Mal says. The memory of what I over heard flashes in my mind. A smirk appears on my lips.

"You sure you're not suggesting that because you find it hot when I do that?" He gives me a confused glance. "The confessional you and Mike did... the whole 'y/n is scary when she's mad' and then you went, 'and I love when things get scary'... So with the context I was provided, you love me!" Mel's face drops.

"So you're an eavesdropper too? Not just a pretty face, huh?"

"Well I only eavesdropped because I was mentioned..."

Suddenly Mals mouth is right on my ear, "And you better keep your pretty mouth shut, or so help me, you'll never see another sunrise."

"Hot-Topic!" I gasp, pulling away, "you think I'd snitch on you? I'm just saying I would've already if I cared that much. To be honest, I don't think I like this team as much as I like the villains. So just... just trust me, Mal. I won't tell a soul." I say, holding my pinky out to him.

"If you break this promise I break your pinky. Got it?"

"Understood."

"Anyways, I know you're trustworthy."

"If you trust me, I trust you."

His eyes, well eye, widen. A small flush on his cheeks, though it's barely visible. We sit in silence, staring at each other as the T.V plays as a background noise.

Mal breaks the silence, "Y/N. Listen. Don't take this as me being all nice and caring but what happened between you and puke-punk? You... ugh this is so wrong... You looked like shit when you found out that thing is on our team."

"I-" I cut myself off, sighing, "just... don't tell anyone. Not even Mike." I say.

Mal nods, giving me a zipping lips sign. I smile and continue. "So uhm... back on the first season, Duncan would flirt to a lot of girls. Like ALOT. If started with Heather, then Gwen for a tiny bit, then Courtney, then me. He acted like he wanted more from me... Like that he wanted to be my boyfriend or something but the next day he's all kissy with Courtney. I-I was so upset I pulled out of the contest." Tears form in the corners of my eyes. "Before you think I'm some... emotional sook, it was more than that. I was second best to Everyone."

"Im... Upset that happened to you. You could've won the money..."

"It only gets worse from there..." I say putting my head into my hands.

Suddenly a hand grabs my chin and turns my head. "Don't be like that. You'll ruin your face by crying."

I laugh a little. "Since when did you care so much?"

"I respect you. You're... I hate to say it, but you're a good player. And one hell of a person that's for sure. Together we'd be unstoppable." Mal starts, "I think we'd make a good alliance. What do you say, princess? You in for a little villainy?"

I giggle and think about it. Mal speaks up again. "Even if you say no to my offer... I'd... I'd prefer to go to the finals with you. Unlike every other lowlife here, you're actually interesting."

"Y'know what? I'm in. You got yourself a little princess stuck with you until we reach the end or get voted."

Mal and I continue to talk until I eventually fall asleep. My head resting on Mals shoulder.

𝜗𝜚 ‧₊˚ ⊹

HII sorry if Mal is OOC! I'm tryna make him more likeable!

Also this hasn't been proofread so let me know if they're any mistakes