Chapter 24

Y/N POV

I walked through the door to Vox's office and was lead behind his desk. A small grunt escaped from me as the shark demon from before forced me down into a chair. I narrowed my eyes at him, though he simply scoffed and walked away, taking his position at the office's door.

Not long after, the door opened harshly, slamming the shark demon against the wall and knocking him unconscious. I stifled back a laugh, though any thought of doing so left my mind when I saw who had barged through the door. Vox walked tall and proud in my direction. "Y/N! Doll!" He announced with open arms stepping closer, "how are you? Settling in well? I have to say, I was right. Blue does suit you much better."

Bending at the waist and bringing my restrained hands to his screen, a kiss was placed on the back of my hand. I recoiled in discomfort and disgust at his actions, which seemed to displease him greatly. "Come on doll, don't tell me you haven't warmed up to me yet." His right eye spiraled in annoyance, screen glowing a brighter blue for a moment.

He chuckled to himself and took a deep breath, his eye and screen returning to normal. "Well, you'll have plenty of time to change how you feel. After all," his face got closer to mine. Instantly, I reacted by backing away until my head hit the back of the chair and was pressed into it all it would go. "You belong to me now."

Using my heel, I pushed him away from me. It wasn't hard enough to harm him as I was tired of the repeated shocking that attacked my throat every time I did so. My energy had been stripped from me. What could have been days or weeks of crying and being shocked took too much out of me to continue trying. But, as long as I could do this, I was content.

Just as Vox began to push back, a voice over the intercom filled the room. "Mr. Vox, your 4 o'clock is here to discuss business with you," a woman with a thick Boston accent spoke. He straightened his posture and dusted his coat off. Looking at me as he answered the woman's voice.

"Behave yourself and keep quiet around my guest or you will know just how much worse those volts to your neck can get, doll." He took a seat in the chair next to me and within minutes, the door opened to a very rich looking man.

He stood at around eight or nine feet tall and was built wide yet muscular. A large tattoo accessorized his left arm and a large, white scar marked the other. Where one of his eyes would be, nothing but a black void filled the space. The eye he did have had an orange sclera and a yellow iris, the colors standing out to the tan and brown fur that coated his body. Atop his head sat two small ears, mimicking that of a bear's.

"Ah, Vox! Good to see ya again pal!" His voice boomed and echoed against the walls as he approached the desk. Vox stood and put out his hand, which the bear demon took a firm grip of and shook.

"Likewise," he nodded towards him and the two took their seats. The man's eyes found me not too long after he and Vox exchanged pleasantries.

He showed me a large toothy smile, showing off the gold tooth on one of his fangs. "Who's this little pup you've got with ya Vox? New pet of yours?" His tongue grazed over his teeth then lips, eying me as if I was his next meal. Though I wasn't sure exactly what type of hunger he wanted me to clear.

"Right, I almost forgot! Micheal, this is Y/N," he turned his screen to me, "say hello, doll." I gave a small hello, my voice hoarse and throat sore due to my screams and cries from before. "Y/N, hands." I held my hands out to Vox, surprisingly, instead of harming me, he cut through my restraints with his claw. "Be a doll and make me and my friend here a cup of coffee."

As much as I wanted to tell him to make his own damn coffee or rip apart his wires, I stayed silent and obliged to his request. Hoping that maybe he would allow me to return to the room and leave me alone. From the moment I got up from the chair, I could feel their eyes on me from behind. I had been through my fair share of  gross men who liked the shape of my body, but this. This was so much more different than any of those times. Before, I would be able to fight them off and kill if necessary. But now, with this collar, I couldn't defend myself at all.

——————

The meeting between Vox and Micheal lasted for a while. Of course, Vox had made sure to remove any and all sources of telling time, though from the windows in his office it had gotten very dark. The woman before said he had gotten here at four, so it was possible that with the lighting outside, it was well past midnight. After the meeting had been done, Vox had me sent back to what I could only see as a large upgraded cage.

I was changed into nightwear and left alone again. Though I felt much more tired than I had been any other nights. I closed my eyes and sleep slowly clouded over me. Instead of a dream, I was met with the same table and set up that I usually saw Alastor at, though didn't see him around. I began making my way towards the small table, but found myself on the ground instead.

"Y/N! Y/N my love, I'm so happy to see you. I-I'm so s-so happy to see y-you.." I immediately recognized the voice as Alastor's. My heart filled with overwhelming emotion as I held him back. Even if he wasn't real, I missed him so much that I would take anything I could get. The Alastor I dreamt of was extremely emotional and clung onto me for dear life. He sobbed hard into my chest, though I could still feel his smile against my body.

We held each other for what felt like a lifetime before he pulled away. It was odd that the second he pulled away, I felt cold. As if he had been actually providing me warmth. He got up from the ground and picked me up, carrying the two of us to a couch that had appeared close by the table.

Straddling his lap, we chased each other's lips. Though the kisses were far from lustful. Passionate, yes, but only love and longing stayed front. His hands found my cheeks as he gazed over me, checking me for injuries.

When his eyes fell on the collar around my neck, I watched his eyes fill with something I couldn't describe. The only thing I could see was the increased worry and hatred behind his scarlet gaze. His claws clutched the shark pendant, though as hard as he held it, it remained in perfect condition. He snapped his fingers together, the collar vanishing from my neck. The necklace Alastor have gifted to me returning to its rightful place. "Much better," he stated happily. Though his good spirits did not hold for long.

His ears fell against his head and a small snivel filled my ears. "Y/N," his voice was barely above a whisper, "where are you my love? I've been searching for you every day since you've been gone.. but I can't find you. Please, have you seen anything that could lead me to where you are?"

"Wait... every day?" He nodded in response, "how... how long have I been gone Al?"

"Almost a week..." his head dipped, face hiding from my sight. I placed my hands on his jaw and lifted his head. A large black year rolled down his cheek and his bright golden smile was wavering heavily.

I kissed his forehead and then his lips, "you'll find me. We'll see each other again." I smiled weakly at him, wiping a tear from his cheek. "Even if this is just a dream, I did see a large billboard of Angel across from Vox's office earlier today."

He nodded in understanding and I could see the gears in his mind turning. His smile grew larger and I came to the assumption he had an idea. We shared another kiss before the realm around us began to cloud over with black. "Don't worry my love, we'll see each other soon. I love you, Y/N." With that, he too was engulfed by the void.

My eyes opened to reveal the same prison Vox had been keeping me in. Although I didn't feel the tightness of the collar around my neck as I sat up. My hand flew to my neck, fingers gliding around the textures of what now hung around my neck. Instead of a shark pendant, I felt to antlers and a large stone between them. There could be no mistaking these shapes and textures.

Around my neck, Alastor's necklace lay comfortably. Just as it did before I had woken up.

'It wasn't a dream...'