Chapter 14

It was thrilling to see how much fun Y/N was having. Though I couldn't see the smile on her face, the sound of her vibrant laughter rang through my ears. It was a record I could play over and over and over again in my head. Never growing tired of the sound that came from her.

With the height advantage Husker had on Angel's shoulders, Y/N was having a bit of a difficult time fighting back. Husker pushed hard and to keep herself steady on my shoulders, her thighs squeezed my cheeks together, instant warmth rising to my face.

With the treatment she was giving me today, I would be sure to give her a special offering tonight. One that would surely cause something special.

With her legs fastened to my head and my settled balance, Y/N shoved Husker with force, resulting in the two of them to fall into the water. Just as she had said before, we were the ones to win.

She fell backwards, legs still around me, and the both of us fell back into the water. Coming up and laughing, her beautiful smile making my heart skip in my chest a bit before it returned to normal. 'So beautiful.'

Y/N lunged for me, arms wrapping around my neck as she pulled me into an excited hug. I looked down at her and wrapped my arms around her as well, laughing lowly. My eyes caught the attention of her tail, wagging side to side vigorously to indicate her excitement. It made me wonder what other wolf-like mannerisms she had.

She pulled away from our hug, giving me an "I'll be back!" With that, she then swam over to Charlie and Vaggie to converse with them. I watched her leave with a genuine smile and a soft expression, but tensed at a cackle beside me.

"Ya really like her, don't ya smiles?" I turned my head towards Angel's voice. My eyes flickered between radio dials and my usual red eyes. "Hey hey, relax. I'm just sayin' we're good friends and I might be able to give ya a little push." He put all four of his hands up in defense. My eyes dropped their threatening expression, ears wiggling in a bit of happiness I didn't want to express.

"Do you know of how she feels towards me?" I said slightly hopeful he could give me my answer.

"I do," my smile widened, "but that ain't something I'm gonna go and tell you. If you wanna know if she likes ya back," he wrapped his second set of arms around Husker's shoulders, "you're gonna have to figure that out yourself."

I sighed in defeat, though as much as I didn't want to say it, he was right. "What do you suggest I do?" To my question, he responded with a smile.

"Do somethin' nice for 'er. She likes it when ya cook for her so maybe do something with that. Look, she's a lot like a sister t'me," his smile fell, his face was the most serious I had ever seen from him. "You break her heart, I'll show ya what I did back in the fuckin' mafia. Got it?" His voice deepened to match his sincerity.

"Understood Angel, though you needn't worry about me causing her any harm." He gave me a nod and the two went past me to exit the pool. Lost in my thoughts of planning, I missed the sound of someone approaching me from behind.

"You guys were talking awfully long. Did I miss anything?" Her beautiful voice caused my ears to flutter by her presence.

"Not at all my dear, just a small chat is all," I smiled down at her genuinely. It always came so naturally to smile around her.

Sure I would get in my head at times. At those times, the thoughts would be more about what I would offer her, what I would do for her, what I would to do her. But more often than not, it was simply a smile of pure happiness to be around her.

She gave me a smile in return. "I'm going to head to my room for now Al, but I'll see you around dinner time." Her smile was warm and after finishing her sentence, she left the pool. I found it amusing how she shook off the moment her paws were out of the pool. 'So she does do other dog-like things... how exciting!'

I snapped my fingers and appeared in my room at the hotel in my normal clothes, completely dry. Walking to her alter, I gently lifted the doll up, staring at it lovingly. "My darling Y/N, you'll be mine soon. Once I rid this cesspool of those who desire you, I will offer you their hearts in order to win your own."

I grazed my claw along the chin of the doll until it lifted to her adorable wolf ears. Scratching behind it gently, I let out a soft chuckle. I then brought the doll to me, placing a kiss on each of her cheeks then set it back down just as gently as I had picked it up. Spinning on my heel I sat on my bed and summoned four small glass vials and a small dagger.

I opened the vials and brought the dagger to my arm. Slicing the skin just deep enough to release a steady stream of blood from the wound. My tongue grazed along the surface of the cool steel, licking my own blood from the weapon. Filling each jar with just enough room to put the corks back in, I sent the dagger away and sealed the bottles with a smile.

If I would be able to get some of her own blood, I would be able to create a special bond between the two of us. One that could only be broken with permanent death. I kept one vial separate from the others for this purpose, the other three would be used for the next three nights as offerings to my beloved.

Before leaving, I noticed her candles ignite. 'Ah, my darling must have been tuckered out after all of the energy she wore down in the pool.'

My smile widened and I summoned a small slab of raw venison onto her plate. Surely that wolf inside of her enjoyed such delicacies. It took no more than five minutes before the flames of her candles grew brighter and the slab of meat disappeared completely.

I continued to watch the alter for I'm not sure how long. Lost in thought of what I could do to get closer to her outside of magic and offerings. Angel had mentioned she enjoyed the meals I made for her. In order to make something for her, I would need to get... ingredients. Though that was no issue for me. I came to the conclusion of having a candle-lit dinner with her, satisfied with my idea all I had to think of was when and what to make.

Soon enough, the candles snuffed out, indicating she had woken from her nap. I checked the time on my pocket watch, reading 6:39 pm. Humming in content, I reappeared at the palace in the dining hall. The others filled in not long after, Y/N took her seat across from me as she did at the hotel. Looking up at me with a smile and the faintest of blush on her cheeks. I returned her warm smile and listened passively to the others conversing. Though Y/N had my full attention the entire time.