Chapter 10

Dewey POV

We were about halfway to Gyro’s lab when I realized that we were supposed to greet the Gravity Falls gang back at home. Oh well, too late I guess. Lena could handle them.

As we hopped the fence to get in the Bin’s perimeter, I felt a strong sense of unease. Violet hopped over the fence effortlessly, and I quickly walked over to the building, holding the door open for her.

“Something feels off.” I whispered to her as we walked past an employee.

“Everything does nowadays Dewey, get used to it.” Violet replied sarcastically. “It’s most likely just in your head.”

“Right.” I nodded, clicking the elevator button and the doors opened up for us. “All in my head.”

We stepped on and I clicked the very last button so that we could get to Gyro’s lab. The elevator doors creaked open and I was horrified at what I saw.

Gyro was hunched over something on his desk and Huey was standing behind him, knife in his hand, ready to strike.

Violet reacted before I could and teleported over to Huey, shoving him to the ground. “Whoever you are, please fuck off!” She yelled. I stood there baffled by what I had just witnessed.

Gyro whipped around in surprise, looking at what just happened. “Hat nephew?!” He exclaimed in confusion.

“Stay away from him!” I yelled, finally snapping out of it and teleporting myself over to Huey, pinning down his hands, glaring at those black, beady eyes that didn’t belong to my brother. “Who are you?”

Your worst nightmare.” Huey spat in my face before kicking me in the ribs, effectively sending me flying. I crashed into one of Gyro’s experiments and acid spilled all over me. I hissed at the burning sensation.

Violet stood in front of Huey, prepared to attack when Gyro stepped in front of her, some kind of taser in his hands.

“Step back kid.” Gyro said harshly. Vi nodded and stepped to the side. I stayed on the floor, wincing at every breath I took. Huey took a defensive stance opposite Gyro, glaring at him.

I managed to sit up so that I wasn’t completely sprawled out on the floor anymore. “What are you doing Gyro?!” I screamed.

“What needs to be done.” He responded with finality in his tone. He fired the gun and it hit Huey directly in the head. Huey got down on his knees and let out a loud scream that seemed to bounce off the walls of the lab. Eventually, he flopped over to the side and spit something out on the ground next to him. He was out cold.

Violet ran towards me first, seeing as I was still covered in acid.

“Don’t touch it.” I warned her sharply as I saw her hands extended to help me up.

She nodded. “Gyro! What is this?!” She called over at the man who had been standing there, staring at the floor for a solid 30 seconds.

Gyro snapped out of it and picked up whatever it was that fell out of Huey’s mouth. “That, my friend, is an acid that is designed to counter the effects of a common cold.” Gyro said, pushing up his glasses as he spoke.