Cardiologist

Jennie stood on the balcony, staring out at the buildings in front of her. Despite the bustling city below, her thoughts were elsewhere, lost in contemplation. She was supposed to get ready for choir practice, but her mind was still preoccupied with the events of this morning.

Another one of Lisa's mysteries had been uncovered, and Jennie was struggling to figure out how to respond. This was the first time she had ever encountered someone with a condition as unique as Lisa's, and it left her feeling lost and bewildered.

The sun was getting higher, and its rays made Jennie wake up from her reverie. As she entered her room, she heard a strange ringtone coming from somewhere. She followed the sound and discovered that it was Lisa's cell phone ringing from the hoodie she had left behind.

Jennie's heart sank when she realized that Lisa had forgotten her phone. Without a second thought, she picked up the phone when she saw that Seulgi was calling.

"Unnie," Jennie answered the phone, trying to sound as calm as possible.

"Jennie? Wait, this is Lisa's phone, right?" Seulgi's voice sounded confused and worried.

"Yeah, Lisa left her hoodie here and I just realized that she left her phone too."

"What do you mean she left her hoodie? Where is she?" Seulgi's tone turned panicked.

"She's on the way home," Jennie replied. "I was going to take her, but she insisted on being alone."

"Well, I've been waiting in front of her house for almost an hour, and Lisa hasn't shown up yet. Are you sure she's coming?"

"Yeah, I even called a taxi for her. She should be there soon,"

"How could Lisa leave her hoodie there? What happened?"

"Last night, Lisa met Jisoo and came back to my apartment drunk. She ended up spending the night here."

"She was drunk?" Seulgi exclaimed. "What did you do to her? Lisa has never drunk alcohol before!"

"I didn't do anything, I swear!" Jennie snapped back. "I was as surprised as you are. I even offered to take her home last night, but she refused and wanted to stay here."

"She spent the night at your place?" Seulgi asked, incredulous. "Send me your location. I'm coming over."

"What about Lisa?" Jennie asked. "What if she comes home and realizes that she left her phone here? Shouldn't you wait until she arrives?"

"Oh, hold on. A taxi just pulled up in the driveway," Seulgi said, relief evident in her voice. "I'll call you back later."

Jennie breathed a sigh of relief as she hung up the phone, hoping that everything would turn out fine.

Seulgi's heart was pounding as she waited for Lisa in the yard. Finally, Lisa stepped out of the taxi, but before she could even catch her breath, Seulgi bombarded her with a thousand questions. Lisa's irritation was palpable, and Seulgi's curiosity wasn't helping the situation.

Lisa was still reeling from the morning's incident when Jennie found out about her condition. The memory of her school friend bullying her in Thailand still haunted her, and she didn't want to go through that again. She kept wondering if Jennie would mock her condition or, worse, stay away from her. With Seulgi's incessant questioning, Lisa's anxiety only escalated.

"How the fuck did you manage to get drunk last night?" Seulgi asked in a high-pitched tone. "And how in the fucking world did you end up at Jennie's place?"

Before Seulgi could continue, the taxi driver interrupted her. "She hasn't paid," he explained, looking annoyed.

Seulgi quickly took out her wallet and handed 50,000 won to the driver, dismissing him without asking for change.