Build Me Up, Buttercup

"So, she never made it to class, and you have never seen her since?"

"Yup. She even left her belongings and just told me to wait,"

Jisoo, Rose, and Wendy sat together, sipping their coffee as they talked about Jennie.

"It feels familiar, isn't it?" Wendy chimed in as she munched the cake.

"What's familiar?" Rose asked, confused.

"Jennie once left me here all of a sudden. She didn't even bring her phone nor her wallet. She came back at noon with the bruises on her arm and knee," Jisoo explained.

"Where was she going?" Rose asked.

"Chasing labrador," Jisoo said nonchalantly.

"Okay...?" Rose was confused with the answer.

"You see, Chaeng, these sisters are weird. I advise you to save your ass before it's too late," Wendy teased Jisoo.

Jisoo glared at Wendy as she warned her to shut it out. Wendy chuckled at Jisoo's antics.

Rose shook her head as she pinched Jisoo's cheek. "This weirdo right here is rare specs, she's limited edition and it's what makes her unique," she winked at Jisoo.

"More like rare animal that should be sent to captivity," Wendy retorted.

Both Rose and Wendy were laughing out loud with Jisoo blushed like a boiled shrimp.

As they were laughing and having a good time, they suddenly heard a chair scraping against the floor. Rose turned to see who stood up from the seat near her. Soon enough, the person walked towards them, and Rose immediately recognized her.

"D-do you... If she's weird, do you still like her?" the person asked Rose abruptly.

"Lisa?" Rose looked up, confused about why she was being asked this question.

Jisoo was equally confused. Who was Lisa? And had she just overheard their conversation?

"Do you know her?" Jisoo whispered to Rose.

"Y-you told her that she's weird," Lisa pointed at Jisoo. "Do you still want to befriend her even though she's a weirdo? A freak?" Lisa stuttered.

"Excuse YOU?" Jisoo was offended because someone she didn't know had called her a weirdo. Moreover, Lisa's index finger was very close to Jisoo's face.

"What are you doing here?" Rose asked, standing up.

"YAH!" Jisoo half screamed, still trying to understand what was happening.

"Lower your voice, Kim!" Wendy scolded Jisoo after seeing Lisa flinch at her voice. "She's Jennie's friend!" Wendy whispered to Jisoo.

Wendy had known Lisa long before she learned she was friends with Jennie. The first time they met, Lisa came to her newly opened café and gave her a hard time. Wendy's cafe was relatively new then, and business was slow. When Wendy greeted Lisa, she stood before the counter without uttering a word.

Wendy tried to engage Lisa in conversation, but Lisa remained silent and stared into her eyes. Initially, Wendy assumed that Lisa was homeless in search of food. However, her Celine hoodie contradicted that idea.

After a few minutes of silence, Lisa finally spoke up. She asked Wendy what aroma was present in the cafe. Wendy replied that it was the smell of coffee, but Lisa disagreed. Wendy grew frustrated and asked Lisa to leave, but she refused to budge. She kept repeating the same question over and over again.