𝘞𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘈𝘳𝘮𝘴 𝘖𝘶𝘵𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘥

Peyton approached Jayden, who was leaning against his locker.

"How's your hand? Mikayla said you almost killed that guy," Peyton inquired.

Jayden chuckled lightly. "A lot better after I nailed him a couple of times. What about you? How do you feel?"

 What about you? How do you feel?"

Peyton sighed, feeling remorseful. "Like an idiot."

"Peyton, you're not an idiot. You were just in a bad situation," Jayden reassured her.

"I shouldn't have been stupid enough to take that drink. But thanks for saving me," Peyton expressed her gratitude.

"What are friends for," Jayden replied sincerely.

"Appreciate it, buddy," Peyton said, giving Jayden a side hug before moving on to talk to Lucas.

As Peyton approached Lucas at his locker, she couldn't help but feel anxious.

Peyton hesitated before asking, "Luke, you're cool with us being just friends, right? I mean, we are—we're friends, right?"

"We are," Lucas reiterated.

"Okay," Peyton acknowledged, trying to conceal her disappointment.

"And I'm cool with it. And besides, I wasn't ready for all that Peyton Sawyer/Girlfriend drama anyway, you know," Lucas explained, offering some reassurance.

"Hey, say hi to Brooke for me?" Lucas requested before leaving Peyton standing by his locker, looking upset.

——————————-

Troy walked briskly through the crowded hallway, his eyes fixed on Haley's retreating figure. He quickened his pace, determined to catch up with her.

"Haley," he called out as he reached her, gently grabbing her arm and guiding her into an empty classroom. Pressing her against the wall, he leaned in to kiss her.

Breaking the kiss, Haley chuckled softly. "Mmm, uh, we can't do this here right now," she whispered, a smile playing on her lips as they both laughed.

 "Mmm, uh, we can't do this here right now," she whispered, a smile playing on her lips as they both laughed