𝘓𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘎𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘴 𝘏𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦

"All I remember is you guys and me, and Kayla, and Tutor Girl in Jayden's car, and then Lucas, Troy, and Nathan, and then you said something about being into Lucas but it could have been Nathan, and me waking up on top of Jayden. Oh my god- did we?" Brooke's voice rang out, laced with disbelief and amusement.

"It looked pretty convincing to me," Reagan teased, her eyes flickering mischievously as she shot a glance at Peyton, silently signaling her to keep quiet about their past.

Peyton simply shrugged, a bemused expression on her face.

"Four of them, four of us, plenty of fine Scott boys and a Dawson to go around, and your courtesy hold on Lucas has expired. And you and Nathan were so... interesting together. I could see him and Kayla together. Plus, we could still trade off once in a while... or twice. Or three times. Win-win," Brooke continued, her words flowing effortlessly as they bantered back and forth.

As they approached Lucas and Jayden's table, the girls exchanged knowing glances, their playful energy palpable.

"Hey, broody," Brooke greeted Lucas with a smirk, her gaze shifting to Jayden. "Broody two."

"I'm not broody," Jayden protested with mock offense, a playful glint in his eye.

"Hey, cheery," Lucas greeted Peyton with a warm smile, his eyes crinkling at the corners

"So, I'll see you two at practice?" Brooke asked, her tone casual yet expectant.

"As always," Reagan replied, her tone light and carefree.

"Yeah, you too," Brooke added before playfully grabbing Jayden's arm and pulling him up from his seat.

"Jesus, Brooke," Jayden chuckled, his laughter mingling with hers as he rose to his feet.

"Come on, Teddy," Brooke teased, her voice filled with amusement.

"Teddy?" Jayden questioned, a hint of curiosity in his voice.

"Ya know, because you're my teddy bear," Brooke explained, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Is this because you fell asleep on me in the car?" Jayden asked, a teasing grin playing on his lips.

"Maybe. Or maybe it's because you give great hugs," Brooke replied teasingly, her laughter contagious.

With a mischievous grin, Brooke jumped onto Jayden's back, causing him to stagger slightly under her weight.

"And you're an excellent mode of transportation," Brooke added with a laugh, her arms wrapped securely around Jayden's neck.

"Guess I'm stuck with the nickname now, huh?" Jayden joked.

—————————

Nathan and Kayla sat at a table, surrounded by textbooks and notes, their heads bent over their study materials.