Chapter 10

Prince’s POV

Misty, grey fog surrounded me as I blew out smoke from my blunt, forming them into smoke rings. After a few minutes of perfect, immense beauty, the rings would begin to fade and come apart, so then I would poke my fingers through them, causing them to completely unravel…I had to kill them off before they became too damaged. I didn’t want to hurt them…but then again I couldn’t let the die innocent.

Meanwhile I blew my smoke up into the air; the police car that was owned by the officer I had killed was sinking to the bottom of the lake. I had dealt with the body and it was now lost away in the middle of the woods; all I had left to deal with was the car. Before long, the other officers would come looking for him but by the time they find him, half his body will be eaten up by maggots and other decomposers, thus stripping his body of most of the evidence. Not to mention I would be gone by then…

 I blew out a few final smoke rings and watched as they slowly came undone and floated away into the breeze, mixing with the evening air.

Completely innocent and undamaged, unlike me.

“Faster!” She squealed through heavy breathes. Her hair was becoming messy and wilder by the minute but she didn’t seem to mind, all she would do was occasionally push it back in excitement and keep screaming.

“Prince!” She shouted squeezing onto my hand, clawing at my skin the more I picked up speed. Her shouts of excitement filled the air along with the occasional groan from my own, half opened mouth.

I laughed and finally came to stop.

The bike ride to the abandoned daisy field had finally come to an end.

(YN) looked back at me from on top the pedals of my bimmer (bike) and laughed. She could spend hours on the front of my bike…and I could spend hours just listening to her breath. But I could last an eternity priding in being the reason she never breathed again.

She spared several more seconds looking at me until she hopped off the bike and began to walk towards me, wrapping her arms around my ribs and embracing me. I leaned in and smelt her hair, imagining it being wrapped around my fingers as I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her closer.

“Truth or dare.” I whispered in her ear.

She looked up from my chest, eyeing me for a second and then giggled and answered, “Dare.”

I gazed up at the sky and then back at her, hesitating for only a second before replying, “I dare you to run away with me.”

The moments the words slipped out my mouth I felt her body stiffen up and her eyes drop. The atmosphere between us became so quiet that I could hear the distant crickets.

I’m not sure what I was expecting but suddenly I heard her erupt into laughter, catching me off guard.

“You’re so different….but that’s why I like you.” She whispered pecking me on the lips.

So she does like me… but she didn’t love me, not like how I loved her.

“Truth or Dare.” She asked, interrupting my thoughts.

I gazed at her curiously for a few seconds before answering, “Dare.” She threw her head back for a few seconds and hummed as she thought.

“I dare you to show me where you live.” She murmured.

My eyes enlarged and I pushed her off me in utter shock.

“Huh?” I managed to gasp.

“Show me where you live…you know, like your house or apartment. You’ve been to my house before and I’ve never been to yours.” She replied eyeing me in confusion.