Chapter Eleven

"Your skin, oh yeah, your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
And you know, you know I love you so--"
-------------------------------------------------------------
Yellow

"Aiden" Kyara yelled. The nasty smell was filling her nostrils, and, honestly, it was making her want to puke.
The blood boiled in her veins, she started shaking with fury, the sight of her mate being attacked making her wolf growl in pure anger.
Let me shift!
It is not the time yet, Kendall.
You're no fun.
Well, I'd appreciate a little help here, Ken.
And what exactly is more usefull than me shifting, huh?
Powers, silly ass.
Oh.
As soon as she felt Kendall recharge her energy, she ran towards her mate, who was being beautifully held down by the rogue, a grey wolf with dirty fur and dull blue eyes, growling at him with his teeth barred. She grabbed the wolf as if he weighted nothing and threw him away, her force sending him miles away, giving time to Aiden shift into Ash. When the boy was in all fours, Kyara spotted more, a huge pack of nasty smelling rogue coming their way.
"We're being attacked, Kyara," Aiden's voice sounded in her head, a worried tone subtily waved onto it.
"Noted," She nodded. "I'll keep them busy while you gathered the Pack."
"The mindlink earlier--that was Xander. He and Uriah received notice from the patrol, they are attacking from every corner." He explained.
"Okay." She thought of a way, there had to be a way. "Have Uriah tell Joan to gather the kids and hide them away. Tell your group of best warriors to help us here, the others spread onto the borders. Kill first, no questions asked, spare a few for interrogation" She decided.
"Nice," He smirked. "I already did that, anyways, they must be coming--"
Kyara turned when she heard a cacophony of pawfalls echoing down the forest. The rogues were going for all corners, but they were mostly going for the Alpha. It was unusual for rogues to gather and act as a group, but desperate times required desperate measures, which mean, essentially, that they felt injusticed by their packs and gathered to search for revenge. Most of them, though, wondered alone.
"Why are not shifting?" Aiden questioned, his wolf--Ash--growling at the thought. "It can be dangerous"
"I--uh" She didn't know what excuse to use. How could she tell Aiden that her wolf was special? A silver one?
"I'll handle it as a human, don't you worry" She fake smiled.
"If you die," He barred his teeth. Here we go, he's angry at me again, lovely. "I'll kill you"
I highly doubt that, "I'll take care of myself, don't worry" She reassured him, sighing with frustration. Another wolf threw himself at her, and, groaning, she used her unnatural force to push him away, well, not simply push, but throw as he flew yards off her. Kendall was special; That much she learned over the years, after she first came out in her twelfth birthday, the same day Richard Crawford tried to--
She sighed internally. But he was dead now.
Time passed, and soon, others joined his friend, and she threw them one by one, clawing at their jaws and claws to stop them from getting to her. They constantly barred their teeth, shredded her clothing and clawed at her face, until there was one particularly tenacious. His aura--it was a particularly powerful one, the same you'd encounter on an Alpha, not a Beta, like Aiden, which made her curious, as she narrowed her eyes at the assailant and ordered, "Shift"
The wolf was too weak to fight back. In fact, they all were, but Aiden was still getting them off his back, as much as the pack warriors handled their own assailants. It hurt her heart that Uriah was fighting among them with his browm wolf. Strangely enough, there were many males and females, the Alpha putting on quite a show, yet Yoseph and Sarah were nowhere to be seen. She didn't presume Sarah was the type to be fiesty, other than verbally of course, but Kyara had this strange feeling that froze her gut. It was Yoseph's pack one day, right? So, why was he not fighting? What kind of Alpha let his pack pick the wars for himself?
Seeing as he was taking too long, she grabbed his paws and dragged him, barring her own human teeth every time he groaned out of pain. She knew him not to be Yoseph, due to his aura, but--an alpha? Associating with Rogues?
"You're really losing my patience here, mutt" She snorted. "I said shift"
This time, the wolf complied, and in his stance, a man, naked, not a fan of bathing she presumed, yet with a weirdly handsome face, stared back at her, his brown eyes laced with pure fear.
Good, he'll regret attacking our pack!
It's not our pack, Kenny, we're just doing a favor to Aiden.
Well, I'm not the kind of wolf who does favors, Kyara.
Humor me on this one, okay, he's our mate.
Oh, so now, you do care about him?
I care about Uriah, and Harper, and Leo and Damien. And they are currently spending their time with the other pack kids, so, if the rogues attack, they are in danger.
Nice point.
"I'm so-o-rry" He stammered. He seemed genuinely afraid, as he trembled. Kyara  supposed she did seem scary to the guy, but for a rogue, he was quite not the type of confident she assumed. Well, it was the worst to assume things when we don't know the real truth. Right now, all others are dead and Kyara had this one to interrogate before Aiden questions her whereabouts.
"Sorry?" She mocked. "For what? Attacking a pack? Transpassing?"
"I--uh" He swollowed. "I needed food"
She tilted her head. "Well, I need an explaination. You see, when a group of rogues attack, they destroy packs"
She clicked her tongue, as she watched the guy squirm on the ground, looking into her bright, amber eyes.
"I am sorry, Alpha" He sobbed, and Kyara froze, hearing the rogue man just call her Alpha.
Damn. Now, Aiden's gonna be real pissed at me.
Kendall puffed out her chest. We do look alpha-scary.
Stop praising yourself, I have a feeling this rogue is lying, and I don't know why.
Why don't you use the command to force the truth out of him?
Because that would be--
Mean? Scary? Unethical? Unfair? Welcome to the werewolf realm, pup. That's how we do things.
That's not how I do things.
Well, do you prefer that his group of rogues continues to attack the pack your kids are in?
Hell no.
Than use it.
"Very well," She agreed, leaving the man wide-eyed at her, pushing himself away and trying to shrink himself way into the nearby tree. "Tell me the truth"
"What?!" The man gasped, his eyes revealing the conflicting emotions. No one could refuse the command when given, which was found useful when she needed to teach a lesson to the kids. Now, this could be the key to the truth and she knew it--
"Hey, what are you doing?" A voice sounded, curious enough to belong to Aiden himself. The man shut his lips forcebly, probably to hide whatever it was that he was hiding, which was annoying the hell out of Kyara, as her heart raced.
"Kyara?" He wondered. "How's this?"
"This," She hissed. "Alpha, is a rogue man I commanded to shift" She looked menancingly at him. "He was going to tell me things," She said, sounding bored. "Until you interrupted us" She got close to the man's face, and asked, "Now, where were we?" Her breath landed on his face, and he looked confused, watching the pair smirk at him.
Aiden turned over. "Deltas," He called, mindlinking the group of guards to the place where they were standing. "Take this man to a cell and interrogate him"
"What about the others?" Kyara raised her eyebrows.
"All dead," He replied, watching the deltas restrain and apprehend the only man of the rogues who was alive, directly for questioning. They needed to know the reason behind the attack, and Kyara refuse to fall for the food excuse. While some rogues lacked the necessity, indeed, it was much more strategical not to cause havoc and have someone blend onto the pack to steal. Or was it? She couldn't imagine the foolishness it would be to throw themselves at certain death, for a piece of bread, when it was easily found in the Human Cities.
She nodded. "Well, this was enlightening"
"Was it?" He wondered in curiosity. "Why?"
"An attack of rogues, right when you were about to ask me out" She smiled suggestively. Kendall, her wolf, purred, wiggling her eyebrows and making goggly eyes at Aiden's wolf, Ash, who, had Kyara not remembered, was completely naked. She widened her eyes and turned herself away. A heat fell over her cheeks, her body feeling all so warm amd fuzzy, her down parts feeling--
Tingles?
What a weird sensation.
Is it? See, having a mate isn't so bad at all, is it?
Maybe not.
Throw yourself at him, you naughty human.
Shut up, you horny wolf female.
Hey! Who are you calling a horny wolf female?
"I'm sure the infamous Moon Goddess would want us to be together," She babbled. "My answer is yes"
"Yes to what?" Aiden chuckled. "A date? With you?"
"What's so funny?" Kyara accused. "I am your mate"
"Indeed," He approached, his warmth letting off waves as he got closer.
So much closer.
"Funny how you get so riled up," He mused. "It is just a date"
His voice was so soft, it was music to Kyara's ears, his scent a mix of manliness and jasmin, with a hint, just a tiny hint, of lemon verbana, his hot, mint breathe falling down her throat, lingering on her ears. It was hard to pretend he was fully clothed, and yet, her mate had the audacity to press closer until she felt--
"Why are you so riled up, Kyara Rivers?"
He asked, and she put a strand of her hair behind her ear, breathing in and out rapidly, his scent, breath and feeling so hard not to notice, it was causing tingles to form on her--lower area.
What are you doing to me, Aiden?
Slowly, she turned over, a mockery smirk around her lips, her amber eyes facing his green ones, her personal forest of lost and regret. She tried to focus on them, instead of drifting off to other minor details that could also serve as a distraction.
"What are you hiding, Aiden Callahan?" Her hands travelled his skin and grabbed his face, as it got closer and closer to hers, their breathes mingling, and, as soon as she uttered those words, she pressed her lips against his and--
She kissed him.