Chapter Five

"Written in these walls are the stories
That I can't explain
I leave my heart open
But it stays right here, empty for days"
-------------------------------------------------------------
Story of my life

As soon as the kids were installed, Kyara knew, all bets were off. Even if the Alpha seemed, at first hand, nice, nobody in the pack would welcome her with open arms like her uncle. Yet, she had to do her best to protect them. Fortunately, the Crawfords would not be searching for them. First, Richard was dead, and it would only be a question of minutes before they found his body and reported it. Having no idea of the lycantrope world, Kyara doubted they would find her. Or even suspect.
Second, there was Clara. She had no idea of what the wicked woman would do, but she had to carefully access her moves, before checking. It would be too dangerous not to.
And then, there was Aiden. Her supposed mate.
Mate. Mate. Me want mate.
"Knock it off," Kyara snapped at her wolf, who was usually silent.
"Kyara?" Uriah waved a hand in front of her face. His expression was serious, as he returned not as her kin, but as her Gamma. That face told her she needed to be extra careful. She was, as everybody called her, a rogue. "Are you okay?"
"I'm fine," She gritted her teeth. "Are the kids on the rooms yet?"
Uriah smiled. It was an unusual expression, as the wrinkles on his tanned face got more proeminent. It was starting to annoy her the fact that he looked so much like her.
"Those are real cuties," He commented, chuckling. "Alpha Callahan had them fed and taken care of"
She exhaled. At the very least, they were fine. When she clearly wasn't.
"I'll go to my room," She waited for Uriah to show her the way, as they climbed the stairs directly into the Alpha Floor. She guessed Uriah kind of expected the place to trigger memories, and she had to admit, she did too, but it was different.
The Gamma opened the door to a clean room, not too big or too small, as she entered and put her things on top of the bed. She smiled at him in thanks, before closing the door. Uriah's eyes dulled, which made her feel sad, because he was sad he couldn't spend time with her.
But she needed time alone.
As soon as she was beginning to change, a knock sounded. She half expected to be someone--or rather somoeones-- but the surprises were only starting.

"What is it that you're doing here?" Kyara asked, her arms crossed around her chest, furious, ignoring the tingles that had started to form when he wrapped his hand around her arm.
"And, please, take your hand from my arm"
Aiden Callahan just held tighter. In his mind, it was infuriating that this girl was the same one he lost years ago. And if she was, indeed, Kyara Rivers, than it would mean he could be demoted from being Alpha.
"Aiden," She hissed. "Do not make me command you" Her tone showed him she was being serious, and by the way she glared at him like if he was some bothersome fly, he felt the urge to retreat. Damn, the tingles are too good.
"Did you want to talk to me or something?" She went straigth to the point. There was no reason to keep beating around the bunch.
"You really are Kyara Rivers," He smirked, making Kyara roll her eyes.
"So insightful," She mocked. "I bet that's what makes you a great Alpha." The way the word rolled off her tongue, Aiden felt shivers running on his arms.
"Kyara Rivers" He sneered. "Good having you back as a rogue"

"Who exactly are you calling a rogue, Alpha?" She licked her lips. "I preferred to be referred as a Lone Wolf myself"
He snorted "What brings you here?"
She looked around as frowned. "It feels good, doesn't it? Knowing you stole something?"
"I didn't steal anything" He seethed. "You better come back to wherever hole you crawled out of"
"Oh, now, now, Alpha," She singsonged. "Jealously is a very ugly feeling"
His nostrils flared. "I'm not jealous. I am Alpha"
"Really?" She wiggled her eyebrows. "Is that why the aura I'm currently feeling is that of a Beta's?"
"Hiding something, Alpha Callahan?" She suggested. She gently touched his arm and looked straigth into his eyes. His beautiful, shining green eyes she had missed so much. Her memories were a bit fuzzy, and she was scared of when she was gonna be hit by them, but right now, all she could feel were the marvellous tingles that run up to her arms and legs, the feeling of Aiden's breathe blowing on her face--those beautiful lips--
"Get out" She spat. She had to stay firm. She couldn't afford to hurt the twins. He still thought of her, a rogue.
"Get out" The command fell onto the air, and as much as Aiden was strong, he still couldn't fight it and follow it.