Chapter Ten

"But you become
Somebody else 'round everyone else
You're watchin' your back like you can't relax
You're tryin' to be cool
You look like a fool to me
Tell me
Why'd you have to go and make things so complicated?"
-------------------------------------------------------------
Complicated

"Guys!" A female voice thundered. Really, Kyara was getting a headache, since the boys couldn't stop arguing, and while she was enjoying the particular reason that they were having an argument over her, she officially drew the line when they start to get physical on the matter. "Stop!"
"Don't meddle on this, Kyara--" Aiden fiercely stared at her, in warning, but Kyara dismissed him with so much as a shake of her head.
"Don't meddle on this, this is about me, and I'm putting an end to it," Kyara argued back. "It's been about ten minutes, so let's settle this, shall we?"
Xander, on the other hand, looked pissed enough to stare at her, making the contrast between both boys seem stronger. Xander was an impulsive wolf, whereas Aiden was more controlled, like her, and it annoyed her being the only reasonable one.
"For starters, I do not belong to anyone" She pointed her finger to both boys, clothes in shreds, bruises starting to heal on their cheeks, cuts, claw marks and blood drying on the sides of their foreheads. To say the Pack was astonished was an understatement, considering seeing the supposed best friends fight was news to them.
"You're my mate" Aiden states furiously, hissing the word mate between his lips.
His plump, beautiful lips.
He's so hot!
Kendall, her wolf, was not lying. With his marvellous body, broad shoulders, long legs, his soft, brown hair shaved on the sides, with a little stash of hair let loose on the top, and his firm, defined muscles--he could be considered handsome. Or, as she said, hot. Kyara found herself staring at him, at those shiny forest green eyes that brought so many memories--all a confusing mess in her head.
How can you be not lusting over him? Are you blind, human?
Kenny! Stop doing that!
Doing what exactly? He's our mate, Kyara, for crying out loud--
Yeah, a mate, who's an Alpha, and somehow refuses to let us join the pack.
Technically, you never left, so you're still a part of jt.
I don't--
"Seriously?" Xander threw in, spitting on the ground. "I don't even see a mark on her" He tilted his head, clearly defying the Alpha. 
Aiden's eyes grew black, his nostrils flaring while facing his supposed Beta.
Kyara, on the other hand, was growing tired to the facade, watching the two boys fight each other, she may have had absolutely no clue about their relationship prior to her arrival, but it was still very unusual, since Alphas and Betas are supposed to have faithful relationship, an unbound trust in each other. Yet, this Xander would directly defy his Alpha--that was strange.
"Xander," Aiden warned, making Kyara narrow her eyes at him. "That's enough"
He snorted, his face a fresh paint of anger as he stared at Kyara, even though she had no clue of this reason to his fury. Was it her? No. No.
Kendall? Thoughts?
Betas are supposed to be brothers--or even best friends close to siblings--trust is necessary, although--
Okay, okay. But why is it that I haven't met him until today?
Well, I think this scenario proves its own point, don't you agree?
I've met Uriah, Aiden's parents, Aiden himself--whatever happened to the Full Moon Pack?
How could I know?
You're a wolf, there since I--
Yes, yes, moving forward--
The wolf lowered his head, submitting to the Alpha. Angrily, he stomped out, running away from all the commotion that he had caused, resulting in Aiden and Kyara having to face each other, as a smug look passed onto the wolf female's face. Throwing an arm around the Alpha's shoulders, she guided him towards the forest.
"Well," She smirked. "Now, Alpha, you're going to explain to me exactly what was that all about,"
"Right," He sighed. "Xander was not my choice for a beta, but my father's"
"Why do I have a feeling he's deliberately trying to bring you down?"
"Kyara, he's my father" He deadpanned. "I didn't have a choice"
"Why? Because he's the old Alpha?" She tilted her head at him, glaring. "That should cover it, then"
"So," She smiled sadly. "He's not your friend?" She concluded, reaching to his shoulder and petting his arm.
"No," He answered, a bit his lip, "He used to be my bully"
"I don't understand--" She hesitated. "Shouldn't betas be your second in command? The one you trust the most?"
"Kyara, the one I trusted the most, left," He blinked to keep the tears from falling. "I was left alone. No friends. No family. No nothing" He revealed. "Xander was the best male warrior in the pack elligeable to be my beta, and my father made his wish be reality"
"I'm so sorry," He heart ached, her mate had been treated so unfairly, and she barely knew. Knew why that guy was so mean. But then again, she wasn't the only one who's suffered. There were people mean, worse and so, so bad.
"He's grown out of it, anyway" He brushed it off. "It's not like--"
"Aiden, that doesn't erase what he did" She said softly.
"Kyara--" He called her attention. "Forget it"
"No!" She protested. She put up with so many injust things over the years, and never, for once, let herself thing she was at fault. Now, Aiden, her mate, was trying to forget the part where his beta bullied him in the past. Best male warrior or not, Aiden should have been the one to appoint to himself a second in command, and not forced to rely on a hormonal teenager.
He's the same age as you are, Kendall added.
Then, he should start acting like that. They both wanted to lay claim on me.
That's how it's done in werewolf realm, Kyara.
She rolled her eyes at Kendall. She was raised as human, until Kendall filled her in about the wolf stuff, and how they worked. But love, in its pure form, couldn't be forced. She found Aiden certainly attractive, but that didn't mean--
"You have to fight against it, Aiden," She encouraged. "This is not what you want"
"What I want doesn't really matter, Kyara. I'm an Alpha, and that means I should put always the Pack first"
"Well," She scoffed. "Not at the cost of your own happiness. Look at you" She gestured at his tired stance, his firm physique and dull, tired green eyes.
Green eyes she adored so much.
"Your father is not Alpha, anymore" She sighed. "And he does not control you"
She reminded him. "Remember that"
Kyara prepared herself to leave, closing her eyes and thinking of those green eyes, once filled with happiness and now, with nothing less. Hell, it reminded her of Damien--before--before that happened. Damien, who was once full of life, he spoke, screamed, always excited about books and characters and all those fictional worlds she introduced him to, and he blabbed for hours. Films. Movies. Series. Everything. Even Leo would cheer himself up, a scientist in the wake, a contrast to his twin.
She missed those times.
As she was about to walk back into the Pack, someone grabbed her arm, in an instinct, she grabbed the other and twisted, throwing her--supposed--attacker onto the ground. When she heard the familiar growl, she dropped him and sighed.
"Do not do that, you hear me?" Kyara growled, making her wolf scoff, undoubtedly going to scold her later. She didn't care.
"How do you know how to fight like that?" Aiden questioned, groaning and he lifted himself off the ground, and looked at Kyara. A wolf, raised by humans, was actually one of the best warriors he had. And she didn't even--
"If I told you," She chuckled, as she roamed her hands over to him to check for injuries, and, if he did had some, she could easily use her power to heal him. On the other hand, though, if she wasted too much energy, it might take a while to heal herself. Other than that, she knew her set of powers, and they were all awesome. "You wouldn't believe me"
"Try me," He smirked, crossing his arms over his chest. His muscled, fit, hard chest--
"My wolf taught me" She whispered, looking smugly at him.
Hey! I said to never reveal that trick. I thought I had been clear on that, human.
He's our mate, she reasoned.
That doesn't automatically mean he's trustworthy.
Well, Kenny, you were the one who told me I had to give him a change, well this is it. She argued.
I hope I don't regret this,
She sighed. That makes two of us, Ken
"Who are you talking to?" Aiden raised his brown eyebrows, "Your wolf?"
"Kenny," She confirmed. "Is a bit moody sometimes"
"Yeah--" He smiled. He was so beautiful when he smiled. "Ash can be a little moody, too"
"So, tell me," She asked, walking with him through the forest, smelling the intense scent of pine, lime and--snow?, deciding finally to keep company to the broken Alpha. Yes, because he was broken, and she wanted to help him rebuild himself.
Aiden Callahan, what is it that you are doing to me?
Tingles. Crap. They were holding hands, all soft smiles and intense natural scents, surrounded by nature that bordered the pack. It had been once a very peaceful, working, and defensive pack, led by a better Alpha than Aiden's father had been.
"What is it that an Alpha does?" She wondered, looking at her feet, her black converse, which, despite the torns and cuts, it was nicest thing she owned.
The most expensive thing, too.
He laughed "you seriously don't know?"
She clapped his arm, not caring about the good, electrical feeling that sneaked their way into her body.
Her veins, her cells, her tissue, her heart.
"Alright," He consented. "An Alpha is the leader of a pack, which means he must deal with every hardship, every problem. We take care of pack members, make sure they are safe, fed, and clothed. He make decisions, it's mostly like a little community, really." He raised his eyes, looking at the wide landscape of trees, wide camps and flowers.
"Then," He continued. "There's the boring part, paperwork, organization, and access every issue, specially with connections to other packs to request help. Alliances. Some Alphas even have big corporations they built from scratch, to help raise money to keep the pack running"
"We help desciplining as well," He chuckled.
"Yeah," She sarcastically remarked. "You haven't been doing a good job at that"
"An Alpha is supposed to impose loyalty, work, and dominance" He nodded.
"Is it true?" He questioned.
"What?!" She blew. Biting her tongue, shs glared at him.
"That you feel auras?" He murmured. "That you know I am not an--"
He couldn't bring himself to finish the sentence.
"Alpha by birth?" She concluded, "Maybe" She responded, then teased: "What is it that you're hiding Aiden Callahan?"
Suddenly, Aiden froze, his face going blank as he jumped in front of her, a growl was heard, and a figure in the form of a wolf prepared himself to attack. She let out her own growl, but Aiden got attacked by the wolf that smelled as if he had been diving in a garbage can.
"Aiden!" Kyara yelled.