Chapter Fourteen

"People fall in love in mysterious ways
And maybe it's all part of a plan
Well, I'll just keep on making the same mistakes
Hoping that you'll understand"
-------------------------------------------------------------
Thinking Out Loud

A whisper followed to Kyara's ear. Joan was careful, as she spoke, "Kyara, please give control to your wolf"
"Kendall?" She exclaimed. "Why?"
"Because only her can calm Ash now," She explained as if Kyara was a three year old. "Otherwise, I'm afraid we are going to have to sedate him"
Kyara closed her eyes and reached Kendall, whose head lifted, snoring asleep from pacing on the subconcious of her head for too long. She, too, was insanely worried.
Restless, even..
Kendall! Wake up, you sleepy ass!
What? Can't you let a wolf have her beauty sleep.
Your beauty sleep was two hours ago, I need you now.
Alright, whose ass we are going beat up now? Is it that blonde bitch's? Cause I've been waiting to--
No! No! I need you to take control and speak to Ash.
Why? Well, it's not that I don't want to, but why?
Just do as I say, for once, dammit,
Fine. You know what to do.
Rolling her eyes at her wolf's whims, Kyara sighed and closed them to allow her mind to travel to her wolf's realm, an imaginary land where she and Kendall could be together. This would allow them to submerge into each other's minds and bodies, successfully letting Kendall's mind and voice manifest through Kyara's very own body. This could be done subconciously too, as it had happen many times out of her wolf's outbursts of anger and fury over situations that the human couldn't handle. As right now, Ash was taking care of Aiden's unconscious body to manifest its anger and frustration, as well as his wish to meet his mate, like any other male wolf would react. After all, Aiden was asleep, powerless and motionless, leaving the wolf with not only not the ability to shift or to wonder his own body, but also with a human prison. It was clearly frustrating, it seemed.
To Kendall, though, it was rather sad. Her mate was suffering, and the useless human was hoping on Doctor Andrews to safe his life, when she could have done it herself, it was absurd to rely on other humans. Well, now, she had to help her mate control himself, if he wanted to be cured--he needed to calm himself down.
"Hello, mate" She growled, gaining the attention of Joan and her assistent, Jonah, who watched the scene unfold, openmouthed.
Really, can you sound any more of a wolf right now?
Shut up, human, mama's working.
Well, mama needs to get a grip.
"What's your name?" That was Ash's first question, intent on gathering as much as he could about his mate.
"Kendall" She answered, the reflection of her fully black eyes staring back at her through the metalic utensils. She smoothed her hair down, touched the silver tips and roots, the colour starting to wear down. She despised the red colour, preferring to return to her silver one, coupled with the amber eyes, now unseen.
"I miss you," He revealed. "Even though the stupid humans, as stubborn as they are, insist that we should not mate yet, I think--" Ash growled in frustration when he heard Joan cough, regreting her decision to let the wolves speak to each other.
"I want you," He drawled. "Kendall"
"I know, my love," Kendall said softly, her words rolling off her tongue smoothly. "But, right now, the human--and you,--are highly dosed with wolfsbane, it can end your life"
"Death doesn't scare me," He puffed his chest, his entire body screaming with pain as he groaned.
"I healed you, but you still need to be cured," Kendall insisted. "Please, let Joan cure you, with her medicine, so you can come back to me, Ash. Come back to me, my love" She smiled, "My mate"
As soon as she saw his body relax, Joan closed the curtains, and nodded at Jonah, who immediately rushed to get the treatment done. The other Epsilions, who were still standing by, frozen by time, kept staring at Kyara, in a stance of confidence and standing up straigther than usual, and she glared back, with a soft growl.
"Where are you looking at?" She sneered, not wanting her human to get bullied. She had been through enough.
Jeez, I'd never take you for a cheesy one, Ken.
I did it for us, Kyara, you have to stop acting like a dork and impose yourself more.
You mean, on Aiden? Are you crazy?
Yeah! Ash doesn't think highly of humans, and frankly neither did I, until i got you.
Got me?
With all that you endured? Hell yes.
Awww...
"Hey!" Joan whistled. "Get back here, and help us," Before closing up the curtain again, she winked at Kyara--who was still Kendall. "Good job,"
Okay, give the control back to me.
With pleasure. Although, some of this sneezy humans need a tad bit of Kendall touch, don't you think? You all look so ridiculous appearing as strong.
When we are clearly weak?
No. But rather than relying on appearences, you should be yourselves.
That's--actually very wise, Kenny.
Kyara closed her eyes again, focusing on bringing her consciousness back to her own body, and Kendall back into her head. While she actually witnessed her wolf's conversation with Ash, she was still indecisive about where her whole situation with Aiden, about how they would--work on things once he got better.
He had to get better.
After he was the Alpha, and trying to be a good one, it seemed. To Kyara, who was blinking at the whole scene of Joan shouting to her team of working Epsilions, Aiden deserved to live.
"What is that wretched girl doing here?" A female voice screeched, Sarah, walking alongside her husband, Yoseph, who remained quiet.
Unlike certain people.
When the commotion was heard, Uriah showed up, walking out of the man's room, right beside the head Epsilion's office.
"Oh, you've come," He noticed, eying the stance of well-dressed Sarah, and accompanying Yoseph with his impeccable suit. "What a surprise"
"Well, Gamma Uriah, we are his parents" Yoseph spoke politely, unleash his evident Beta aura.
"When it suits you, it seems," He remarked, than approached Kyara, who was paying no attention to the Callahan couple, keeping her eyes solely on her hurt mate. Given Sarah and her were the last ones to be with him, and under a suspicious death circunstances, it would mean--
"Ah, Kyara, good to see you" He smiled.
"I've been here all day," She deadpanned.
"Naturally," He nodded. He turned to the couple, Sarah towering over him, trying to catch a glimpse of her son, but being cautiously blocked by him. Yoseph made no move regarding his wife though, his eyes focused on Kyara instead.
"I'm sorry, Mr and Mrs Callahan, but Joan instructed me to tell you that visits are not allowed now," He told them. "He's still under treatment"
"And she can?" Sarah said through her teeth.
"Mates are the exception, yes," Uriah ajusted his glasses. "We wouldn't want the patient to be alone, now, would we? But we have to restrict the companions, since this place is a very secured one, and, since Alpha is over eighteen, the word goes to his soulmate, her" He opened his arms and pushed them over, in direction to the door, effectively trying to keep them out. Kyara narrowed her eyes and wondered as to why Uriah would do such a thing. She knew it, since she grew up without reliable parents, that family is the most important thing. Sarah didn't seem to be a nice--or polite--person, and Yoseph just quietly observed every move of every person, only intervined when it did seem to suit him to do so.
Aiden didn't call his parents Mom or Dad. Perhaps, Uriah knew something he wasn't telling her, but thinking about it, though, it wouldn't be his place to.
"We'll mindlink you when he's up to be visited," Uriah told them before closing up the glass doors.
"Why would you throw them out?" Kyara asked curiously, while she saw Uriah leaning towards it, sighing.
"You've got to ask your mate that, honey, I'm afraid" He answered. "In the meantime, why don't you have a snack?"
He suggested, as he handled her a chocolate bar. Carefully, she accepted it, sighing in frustration. There was so many, but so many things they wouldn't just tell her.
Her wolf had an alpha aura, so her parents must have been important wolves, and Uriah was her uncle, her mother's brother, an old Omega turned Gamma, Aiden was a beta by birth, so was Yoseph, and Sarah and him acted like they were on a business together, not as mates--but thinking ahead, she hadn't seen Joan's interaction with Uriah.
Weird. And the twins--were they doing well? Gosh, she was just so selfish to leave them alone, while she was working on her own problems. Urgh!
"Doesn't this stuff kill wolves?" She smirked, leaving Uriah to laugh at the question.
"That's dogs, Kyara, and no, just eat it. The only deadly weapons to wolves are silver and wolfsbane, normal drugs or alcohol have little effect on us, and we heal fast--"
"I was just kidding," She interjected, when she picked up the hint that he wasn't going to stop. "Thanks" She said, as she unwrapped the bar and ate it, savouring the rich chocolate flavor exploding in her mouth, while mouling through her thoughts from earlier, she felt like she had some pieces of the puzzle, but not the whole set. Joan and her team of Epsilion doctors didn't come out yet, her heart beating on her chest, her wolf not helping by pacing nervously--she sighed. Beta Xander, the kid from earlier, must have been handling the stuff, while there she was, looking as though just her presence would wake him up. He wasn't all badly injured--, those signs of bleeding and unconciousness screamed of poison. It was all just so strange--
"He's awake!" Joan turned her masked face to Kyara, her eyes sparkling as though she had won the lottery, her panting showing just how much it was needed for the Alpha to stay on this realm. Kendall was instantly relieved and kept pushing forward, leaving Kyara to handle her excitement silently, as she asked Joan,
"Is he going to be fine?" Joan's brown eyes flickered uncertain, looking instead to her mate, Uriah, who stood right next to his niece.
"You know very well it's wolfsbane, so let's face it," She explained. "I got almost all of it out of his system, but this stuff is powerful--"
"Was it adultered?" Uriah lifted an eyebrow, narrowing his eyes. Kyara could sense the gears working on his head, so she wondered too, if it was.
"I'm afraid, so" She whispered. "I've never seen anything quite like it. Usually, this is where I would have called the Council" She tilted her head, pondering the next move.
"But I kept a sample, I'll have it analyzed, and soon, I'll have the results." She directioned her gaze at her niece, wiggling her eyebrows.
"In the meantime," She suggested, smirking "Why don't you go in, Kyara?"