Chapter 6

Jinchuuriki. Vessel. Host. 

Or other names given over time to these individuals bearing the greatest nightmare and despair of nations.

One is not born a host, no. The demon is sealed within oneself.

Yura. A shinobi of Konoha, and the host of the Gobi, the five-tailed demon.

Even if she put all the goodwill in the world into it, Yura couldn't remember how she ended up like this. All she knew was that the day she learned about it was the day she arrived in Konoha, or at least, from what she remembered. Her memories before the age of seven were blurry. 

No, in reality, she simply had none, as if that part of her life had been... wiped out from her memory. Completely.

Her life as she remembers it began on that rainy day in October, as she woke up abruptly in a room with dim light, surrounded by people she didn't know.

*** flashback ***

A 7 years old Yura slowly opened her eyes. Intense pain throbbed in her head, and she sat up in what seemed to be a hospital bed, reaching for her neck with a grimace.

- Yura, is it? a gentle male voice said.

The little girl jumped slightly as a gray-haired man kneeled in front of her.

- My name is Kakashi Hatake. Don't worry, you're safe here.

The child rubbed her eyes. 

Where was she ? Who were these people ? And most importantly... 

Why could she not remember a thing ?

- I... the girl stammered, panicking. What's happening to me ?

She looked up with desperate eyes at the ninja, who exchanged a grave nod with one of his companions behind him. 

- This is what I feared, the jonin sighed.

A woman stepped forward and nodded.

- Amnesia, she confirmed.