Chapter 10: The Deadly Encounter

I suddenly realized that I was sleeping. Wait, Was the kiss a dream? I tried to recall and realized that after the kiss, I clutched the pillow hard and slept here only. In the midst of my romantic life I almost forgot why I was here. I got up from the couch and walked outside, trying to find foxglove. The evening was about to end. The sun had almost disappeared.

I went a bit deeper inside Bernadette and soon found them. I pulled out one of the gorgeous purple Foxgloves, put it in my bag and made my return back home. I walked a few steps ahead when I heard a weird noise, of someone passing by. I looked at my back. A little explosion sound made me jump and the birds flew away from the trees.

What was it about? I went ahead. I had to find it out. Once again I questioned my curiosity about its motive. I slowly walked further. The noise came from the direction of Gorris Axar, and luckily I was near its border.

I took a deep breath in and stepped in Gorris Axar. The black ravens were cawing on the dense trees and the snakes were slithering and hissing. There has never been some sort of explosion earlier, the least I remember of.

I went deeper, the light was getting dimmer and dimmer by every step I took. I gulped in as I looked at the large branches of trees. I heard a howling sound behind me. It wasn't sweet like that of Aspen but a very frightening sound.

I slowly took a turn and got a glimpse of a wolf. His mouth was drenched with his saliva, eager for craving a taste of human flesh. I looked more carefully, it wasn't a wolf but a werewolf. I looked up in the sky and what I could see from between the thick canopy was a bright shining full moon.

I looked back down again. I received my answer. My curiosity is actually going to get me killed. The werewolf had blood red eyes, its clothes half torn while transforming. Its sharp fangs–No, wait, there sharp fangs. From behind the Bushes came another one.

I was in grave trouble. I would hear its growls. I didn't know what to do. I wish I hadn't sent Tevren back. But on second thought, I am glad I did, I didn't want him to get hurt.

What to do... What to do... The first thought in my mind was of Teleportation. I slowly snapped my fingers. I snapped in again. Again. Again. Panic was stuck on my face. I snapped it again but I stood at the same place. My magic was not working. The werewolf jumped on me, howling at the top of his voice accompanied by the other. I jumped back making a bare save from his fangs but its hard spiky gray fur had almost touched me.

I ran as fast as I could. I could hear their footsteps very well running after me. I don't know what to do, I could neither contact Deave for any help, nor teleport. My magic was not working but why? I ran ahead faster and faster, my feet crumbling the dry leaves.

I felt the same as running in the nightmares when the hooded figure— Morana followed me.

My foot was stuck between a fallen branch, as I tripped down.

"Ahh!!" I screamed as the wolf drew nearer, released one of its claws and attacked me. I picked up a stone and threw it at his face. I tried to walk but slipped from a small cliff, rolling down onto the dark land.

I looked at my arm, the four fingers it had in his claws had attacked me. The red blood was gushing out. The Pain was severe. I cried bitterly with my mouth closed, I couldn't make a sound risking to lead it here. I saw its red eyes above the cliff, sniffing out for me. I tightly closed my mouth and my nose, avoiding breathing. It soon went away. My face was covered with dust and so was my dress. I tried to stand up, the wound was burning. It was so tortuous and sharp that I couldn't bear to move my arm.

I cried, trying to pick my wounded arm up, it had gotten so stiff.

A man looked on from above me. I was in danger once again. I felt as if it was grandpa standing there to help me or maybe It was Satan who came to lead me to hell for the guiltful sins I had done.

"Grand-Grandpa?" I slowly asked.

"Faye?!!" A familiar voice called out. He reached down. The same black hair touching his eyebrows, The ocean blue eyes that Emily dies for. It was Deave.

"D-d-de-deave" I stuttered, my throat dried up.

"Oh my lord, Faye?! How did this happen?" He questioned, worried, "We need to get out of here." He picked me up in his arms, I was still crying as I rested my face on his chest. He twirled his hands and I was back in the comfort of my room.

"Auragenza!! Bring first aid and water. Now!!" he screamed.

His eyes were full of fear. She rushed with the required aid.

"You can leave," he commanded. She went away. He started dressing my wound and gave me some water to drink.

"How did this happen?!!" He questioned.

I kept the glass down and finally answered, " I was there at Grandpa's home. Tevern was also there. Later he went away and I slept. I woke up when it was almost night and looked for foxglove then I heard something in the forest. It was the sound of an explosion and I went in to check. Later, I was encountered with the werewolves."

"Why didn't you try to teleport or fight them with magic?"

"Deave, My magic didn't work there. I tried to teleport or do other things but it didn't work as if it was gone."

"What?!!" He looked at me with utter shock.

"We need wolfsbane." he suddenly said.

"Why?"

"A werewolf scratches you. There are chances you might turn into one. So we need wolfsbane immediately." said Deave.

"You stay right here. I think I have some with me." He continued.

"Why do you keep such random things with you?" I smiled slightly.

"To be honest, I don't even know. They come in handy." He grinned. He departed from my room. I still don't understand why my magic wasn't working. I snapped my fingers and the windows opened. Wait... It was working now. But then why not earlier... What could have been the reason for that.

"Here! Give me your arm." Deave entered and started applying that wolfsbane paste.

"Wolfsbane is poisonous but it is an antidote for a fresh werewolf scar but if the werewolf had bitten you, then you were most likely to turn into one. Here the chances are less and it can be cured–" He kept on explaining but I wasn't listening.

"Deave, My magic worked here." I finally said.

"What?"

"Ya! I just tried to open the windows and it did but it did not work there. There is a possibility that it might not have worked just in Gorris Axar though..."

"But Faye, my magic did work there! And if magic wasn't accepted there then there wouldn't have been any effect of a moon full on the werewolves. That whole forest is full of dark magic."

"You're right..."

"You do realize that you are being targeted, Faye? Right?" Deave questioned.

"But the only person eager to take my life away is Morana and she wasn't there!" I replied.

"Tevren." Deave slowly murmured.

"Wait, What! Don't tell me that now you think he is involved." I said angrily.

"Hey, But what was he doing there? And why do you trust him so much? Do you perhaps..." Deave winked.

I knew my cheeks were getting hot all of a sudden. I was biting my lips remembering what had happened... "Well...We kinda... Sorta... Kissed I guess?"

"You guess? Are you kidding me? Do you like him?! Woah! That's the best news I have heard today!!"

"Hey, what are you getting so excited for?" I blushed and pinched him...

Hey lovelies❤️🖤

So why Do you think Faye's Magic was not working?

What do you think will be Alaric's reaction when he finds out that Faye is dating Tevren?

I hope you all enjoyed reading this chapter.

Make sure to vote, comment and share  this story with people who like reading.<3