Chapter 4: The Mysterious Attack

I looked at the lavish meal. It looked delicious and I knew  it would taste delicious as well. Organic fruit skewers, turkey meatballs, cucumber sandwiches, Pumpkin pies, cookies, cupcakes and many more, all Halloween themed. The other table had all kinds of royal drink, wines, mocktails, Champagne; non-alcoholic and with alcohol.

I grabbed a cupcake with a witch's hat, iced with purple buttercream. It was as yummy as it seemed.

My throat had dried up. I picked a Champagne, a fruit one of course, I am not legal for the other one. As I was about to take a sip I spotted my brother, Prince Alaric with Deave and not Cortenya, while she was with Emily. It seemed as if they were discussing the beautiful moments they had...

I took a sip. It tasted weird, not as usual. It was a bit bitter than the last time I had it. I tasted some cucumber sandwiches and meatballs as I admired the beauty of the ball and the people there.

Soon, I was bored. I felt exhausted. My head hurt and I got up from my chair. I felt my legs wobble, as if I was drunk but I didn't have Alcohol. I walked up to Tevren, finding him from the crowded hall, I looked for my Brother and Emily as well. I couldn't avoid them anymore, I had to face them.

I felt dizzy bumping into the chairs. I saw Tevren standing with his friend.

"Tevren!!" I called him out.

He turned around as I smiled, grabbing a chair for support.

"Are you--"

"How do we spell cute?" I asked.

"Umm...C-U-T-E?" He was confused.

"No! It is Y-O-U" I came closer to him. His friend giggled and walked away.

"How can someone be so handsome?" I came closer to his face.

"Princess Faye, I think you're drunk." He was concerned.

"Am I?" I puffed my mouth with air trying to pop my cheeks. I had lost my senses. I didn't realize what I was doing.

"So, You really think I am handsome? Huh.." He winked.

"Who wouldn't? I mean these eyes... Your eyes, I feel I have seen them somewhere closely... "

"No--Faye! This is the first time we met--" He grinned and rolled his eyes.

Suddenly my eyes went on Deave taking Emily into the garden. I ran behind them. I could hear Tevren calling my name from the back and following me, "Princess Faye! Where are you going?!"

I reached the garden, Deave was confessing his love for Emily. They stood at a distance but I could hear them.

"Emily... We are Childhood bestfriends, but I feel we are more then that. The first time I saw you I knew it. You are the most amazing and gorgeous girl I ever met and You have stolen my heart. You are the day and I am the Night, I want you to know that we are meant for each other. Emily Euhan, I love you." He held her hands. Deave spoke in a one go as if he had learnt a speech.

I covered my mouth trying my best not to scream. Emily had turned pink and she replied, "Me too Deave."

And in less than a second they were kissing under the moonlight in a garden full of roses and bushes. It was so romantic.

"Finally--" I muttered.

Something went through me piercing me. I looked down. A dagger was deep inside my stomach. Blood gushed out from there, staining my ball gown. It pained horribly at the spot it was stabbed. I fell on my knees, the whole world seemed blurry. I looked around and saw the same hooded figure running away from the bushes. It wasn't a nightmare but it was real this time. I was at a loss for words. I couldn't breathe as if I had been crushed under a heavy object.