Chapter 8: Is it Love?

Another day of November had begun. I peeked out of my window and my eyes caught a glimpse of the snow-covered town. I felt as if I was in Icetopia, the snow covering the trees, a white blanket of nature, with a cold breeze making people shiver. The snowstorm last night had cut my conversation with Deave. I felt sleepy, not able to sleep properly the day before but I don't think Morana's presence is ever gonna allow me to sleep peacefully.

"What if Morana isn't such bad news?"

My own words sneered at me. I reached my wardrobe and picked a gray woolen dress with a furry white overcoat. I left my hair open as always. I looked in the mirror. As Deave told, Ric is also now in the control of Morana, my own brother is going to be against me. Fantastic!

I rushed below, I was earlier than usual. For the first time I felt as if I could reach there first, but no I couldn't break the record. As the doors opened, I spotted a girl biting an apple as if it was flesh, Frisco eyes and the same body language, Yup! It was Morana.

"Bonjour cousin!" she said as she drew closer, " I hope you slept well last night."

"Cut the act out Morana! I know very well about you, for a moment I actually thought you were innocent, But I am not so naive."

"What?! What makes you think I am not innocent? Faye I am trying to be nice to you all, and no one is ready to believe me! For the sake of Oswald, Why can't you trust me?" She blabbered in anger.

"How amazing, Princess Faye Algate can trust Prince Tevren Valora blindly but can not trust the people of her own bloodline." said Ric appearing from the behind. The tone of his words were killing me as I kept on reminding myself that he is not in his senses. He isn't himself today.

"Tevren Valora? I didn't knew that there was another character in this play..." Morana gave me side eyes.

"I trust you Morana, but I'm afraid Faye doesn't trust her family but Mr. Valora... Why? Do you like him? is he more important now?" Alaric questioned.

"Why are you including Tevren in this?!" I asked, frustrated.

"Why are you excluding Morana?" He asked as Moranagave me a victorious smile, as she had won a battle.

"Alaric, listen to me... I am Faye, your sister, you need to make yourself aware, this is not you! Morana is hypnotizing you!" tried getting some sense in him, but in vain.

"Seriously! I can't believe it Faye! You are accusing her again! I Hate you!" Ric screamed.

I stepped back, and ran out as I heard Morana say," Take these tissues, They will be useful."

She is right, they will be useful, I was crying, again. I know Morana is making him say all that but it was his voice, the words. It still hurts. I swirled my hands and teleported to the academy. I know magic, So I can come this way as well. I want to be alone, I want peace so I am going to skip classes on the second day, what an impression! And what will I say when my professor asks me the reason for not attending the lecture? Sorry professor, I was going through an emotional-break-ground because my brother told me that he hates me but he didn't really say it! Wow!

I don't care what I am going to say, I am going to be scolded the other way for not paying attention. Even Deave isn't here today, he is busy finding a cure for the hypnotizing hex Morana made.

"So I am going to handle Morana's tantrums alone!" I said, as I sat on the brown bench as I took a peek at the castle, covered with snow.

"Why alone? Is your life really that miserable?" A voice asked.

"Of course my life is miserable!!" I screamed. Then I suddenly realized whose voice it was, the Prince of Evarden, Tevren Valora.

He sat beside me.