Chapter 5: A Day at the Academy

The sun rose from behind the mountains. The yellow hues covered the blue sky. I got up from my bed and wore my slippers as Auragenza drew the curtains. The soft morning light touched my skin. The wound on my stomach hurt a little as I walked ahead. Melonie, a younger pink hair maid entered as she began dusting my room. I got fresh as I bathed in the water full of white lilies. The excitement rushed through my veins. Today was my first day of attending the Royal academy.

I chose my daytime dress, a cold shouldered, ruffle sleeve emerald dress like the eyes of my brother. It was covered with sap green leaves on the skirt and plain on the corset. Its golden sparkle shimmered covering it from top to bottom. Auragenza combed my hairs, braiding the side of my skin and tucking them behind like a crown. 

She twisted weeds in them accompanied with fresh daisies. My brown side bangs were left open with the rest of my hair. I wore a thin lined necklace making a curtsy in the mirror.

I left my room, jogging my way to the dinning hall. The scented candles in the corridors had gone out and the maidens were replacing the vases with fresh red roses. I opened the door and as always I was the last one to reach for breakfast.

"Finally you're here!" Ric rolled his eyes," I am so hungry I could eat a horse"

" I don't think Blaze is going to be happy after hearing this." I smiled.

Emily and Deave were seated behind him, I love having them with me. Deave had his white sleeves folded and was in his usual dark attire, his undercut hair touching his dark blue eyes. Emily on the other hand was still in her night suit while Alaric was dressed up elegantly in a brown suit and his spiky polished shoes. I noticed a new fragrance in the air, It was Ric's perfume. He wasn't wearing his usual cinnamon and vanilla, this seemed blood scented.

"Ric! Did you change your perfume?" I inquired.

"Yes, Can you guess what it is?"

"Is that perhaps blood scented?" I unsettled my eyebrows.

"You've got a good nose Faye! It is blood and rose scented. I wanted to try something new..."

"Is-is it animal blood?" Emily hesitated as she looked at him with a gross face. She would highly prefer human blood over animals and would say, 'The poor creatures have done nothing wrong!'

"Oh yes! It is kitten's blood!" Ric gave an evil grin.

Emily slided her chair away from him while I laughed silently as she exploded saying," Ric! How can you even wear such a thing! Don't you have a heart anymore?!!"

Deave chortled, "He is lying, He is just teasing you."

"Ya Emily, it's human blood with only gorgeous roses near where animals like to roam." He winked.

"You almost gave me a heart attack!" She drifted her chair back towards him giggling in her sweet bird voice. Soon, we ate breakfast as our father explained to us about the academy.

"So, as you do know, the royal academy is located in the Cordelia islands, near the ocean inhabited by mermaids and merman. To reach there you will require to go near a water body and sprinkle some Madre powder on the water saying,' ARAN Cordelia islands' and jump in it at the same time."

Jump in water?!! Am I going to get soaking wet after this? Before I could have said something my father read my expression and said," Don't worry about getting wet."

I quickly finished my breakfast and heard a familiar howling sound, The sound I adore the most, the sound of my lovely wolf coming inside. I got up from my chair, kneeling on the ground with my arms open as he jumped right in and I hugged him. He licked my cheeks as his sot grey fur touched my skin.