Chapter 6: A Suspicious Meet

Our Dance lesson had got over and we headed to the library to collect our schedules, lists and other required things. There was a huge queue. It was taking a lot of time. The poor old lady was giving them the lists one by one.

Suddenly my eyes went to a book titled, 'Nightmares or reality' . I quickly grabbed it.

"Ric! Take my schedule as well!" I said and went ahead without even noticing if he heard it or not. I tried to make my way out of the crowd. I went to the librarian and said," Mam, I am borrowing this book, FAYE ALGATE, book no.3841."

I went outside avoiding the loud noises into the practice grounds. I suddenly spotted a girl practicing sword fighting. What is she doing here while everybody is inside? And I felt that I should inquire myself first. I am certain that I did not see her inside the class as well.

"Are you Tessa de lune?" I made a rough guess. She turned around and nodded with a smile.

I smiled back and sat on the soft green grass and began reading my book but my eyes couldn't get off from her and her brilliant moves. Her orange-yellow hair had a unique shine in them and her wide yellow lion eyes were struck on her sword. Her moves were fantastic. She moved the sword in the air, sometimes it was at her front while sometimes she threw it in the air and grabbed it with a flip. In between her practicing someone reached near her and she pointed it below his chin, breathing heavily. It was Deave holding my papers.

She lowered her sword with a bright smile on her face, "Baraka?!!"

"Long time no see Tessa!" They hugged each other. My mouth was left open. I put the book in my bag and went up to them. Deave seriously knows everyone. I realized that he must have been finding his old friend.

"I knew you were going to be here practicing as always," said Deave.

"Tessa, This is my queen-- Uh I mean my friend Faye!" He pointed towards me.

"Deave, I told you not to call me that. I feel bad." I never felt like I deserved to be called this after what happened, So I told Deave that if he thinks that he really owes me something then he mustn't call me this.

"Ya!! I am sorry! By the way, this is Tessa. She is the warrior noble's daughter in Calhoun, she is a lioness. I met her earlier when I lived with Cortenya."

"Nice to meet you Faye! I have heard a lot about you!" She grinned.

"So your eyes were looking for her since morning?" I asked. He gave a weak laugh as Tessa looked at him with soft eyes.

Soon, The whole crowd came out into the grounds and my heart raced up when Tevren came out. My heart raced up as the sunlight hit his brown eyes and that was the most beautiful view ever and I realized that I forgot about my wound and the attack earlier. He made all my pain disappear.

"Faye!" Alaric called me out.

I turned around, He noticed my expressions.

"Look I didn't say anything during the dance because the teacher made you in pairs but Faye you need to control your emotions. He is not reliable. I don't trust him. He was there the time you got attacked."

"And so were you all!"

"What? Are you trying to say we were a part of it?"

"No, what I mean is the way I trust you all, I trust him as well. He didn't do that. You all will never break my trust and so won't he."

"Faye strangers never break our trust, the closet do... Keep that in mind." He went away. His words had a deep meaning but Tevren, he is a nice guy, My heart knows he wasn't involved in all of this.