Chapter Two

Outside the gas station was a right mess of animals gathered, all clamoring to see all the nothing that was going on. The two bandits were already taken away by the time Core stepped out of the building and back into the blistering desert sun.

Adjusting her cowboy hat, she stepped off the stoop to head for her truck when she heard a semi familiar small voice.

"Aggie, I'm okay!" Came the voice of Cheery from the gathered crowd. Glancing her way she saw the little lamb wrapped in the arms of an older sheep female, practically crying as she held her. "And you're squishing my new comic!"

Core chuckled a little, still with the strange priorities, but she didn't even get a paw on her truck before Cheery spotted her.

"Core! Hey Core over here! Cooooore!" Cheery waved one arm from the tight embrace as best she could. Core couldn't help but chuckle a little at the sight as she made her way over to the pair.

"Glad to see you're doing all right, little lady." Core looked down to Cheery with a bit of a grin. The older female sheep that had been fussing over Cheery seemed to finally realize that someone else was there as she released Cheery and stood up.

"Oh my God, thank you!" The sheep woman gushed before promptly hugging Core as well, catching the bobcat off guard. She was shorter than the cat, more awkwardly hugging her around the chest than a proper hug.

"I...uh... you're welcome...." Core felt a bit uneasy. This whole hugging thing was a bit alien to her as she shifted her real paw to the sheep's back and patted it a couple of times.

"Aggie, you're embarrassing me in front of my new friend!" Cheery scolded her, her small hands on her waist as she tapped her foot impatiently.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." The sheep female apologized as she stepped back from Core, taking in a deep breath and hastily wiping her eyes. Looking up to Core, the sheep forced a smile as she gathered her skirt of her dress and did a small curtsy in greeting. "I'm Agatha. Thank you so much for helping Cheery."

Core returned the smile, tipping her hat in a return of the greeting

"Pleased to meet you Agatha, I'm Core." Her eyes stayed on Agatha as she spoke. "And you're welcome. I'm just glad she seems to be doing all right."

Her attention shifted back to where Cheery was prior, but the small lamb seemed to have vanished. The bobcat looked around a bit quickly only to see Cheery had somehow gotten to her truck and was trying to climb onto the back.

"Cheery! What are you doing?! Get off of there!" Agatha scolded her as she had to pick up her skirt a bit to hurry over. Core was a bit impressed. She managed to deal at all in the heat in that dress. It was a deep shade of green and covered her from neck to ankle, even a set of false short sleeves over longer ones. The bobcat found herself overheated just watching her run.

"I never been in a truck before! Can we go home in it? Pleasepleaseplease?" The small lamb was giving some serious big eyes to Agatha as she still clutched the tail end of the truck.

"I'll give you two a lift." Core mused as she approached the pair. "But no riding in the back. The back there has a lot that can squish you. The bobcat had no choice but to catch her under the arms awkwardly. The child was light but Core was more terrified of hurting her with the prosthetic hand.

Quickly setting her down on the sand, Core motioned for the pair to follow her as she opened up the passenger door to her truck.

"Cheery, you in first and sit in the middle of the bench." She instructed as she helped the lamb up the large truck. Looking to Agatha, she just nodded, as she was certain the adult didn't need instruction, but she did offer her real paw to her to help her up into the truck.