Sweet Gifts

Pairing: Hunter x Dimitrescu!Reader x Isa

Pronouns: She/Her

Happy Birthday, Costin! (April 28th)

Enjoy this while you wait on me to finish the chapter for A Mother's Pain!

"When's my nephew's birthday?" Daniela asked the morning after Hunter's birthday, making me smile and roll my eyes.

"In seven days," I smiled before the child ran into the library. "Speak of the devil!"

"Not the devil!" Costin pouted before I picked him up.

"I know, baby," I hummed and kissed his cheek. "You're getting too big for me to pick up."

"Nu-uh! Nana said-!"

"Nana's taller than us, dear," I reminded him, only making his pout deepen. "That doesn't mean I'll stop picking my baby up! It just means it won't be as often."

"No," Costin frowned, resting his head on my shoulder. "Auntie! Tell her!"

"I'm staying out of this," Daniela murmured and turned her attention back to her book. "But Costin's right."

"Dani!"

"Look at that face! How could you possibly say you'll pick him up less when he looks ready to cry!?"

"...Mommy?"

"Yes, baby?" I hummed as he snuggled into me.

"I wish we could play outside together for my birthday."

'I do, too,' My heart ached as I kissed his head. "When it gets warmer."

"...You always say that," Costin sighed. "Why can't you or aunties go outside!?"

"The sun and the cold hurt us," Daniela explained to the upset child while I rubbed his back. "Mommy Hunter's still working on a protection spell for us."

"It's not fair!"

"I know," I breathed, holding him tighter. "Don't get too worked up, okay? You'll start stuttering — you've been doing great so far."

Costin huffed loudly but snuggled into my neck further. "Hungry."

"Okay," I giggled, kissing his head while following Daniela out of the library. "Auntie Dani and I will make you something."

One Week Later

"Good Morning," Isa murmured and kissed my cheek when my eyes fluttered open. "Hunter's in the shower."

"Wanna join her?" I hummed, watching the demigod smile.

"Yes. She just got in — we were waiting for you to wake up."

"And Costin?"

"Still asleep in his room," Isa promised. "We'll have time to set everything up, don't worry. I moved everything before I joined you two in bed."

"You're so thoughtful," I smiled and cupped their cheek, pulling them in for a quick kiss. "He's going to be so excited."

"How excited are you?"

"Very," I giggled, dropping my hand to their stomach. "Let's join Hunter before she starts pouting."

"You love it when she does."

"Hm, true! But we need to get ready..."

"Also true," Isa mused, helping me out of bed with a loving smile.