Tea and Trauma

Pairing: Mother Miranda x Reader

Requested by: Ayeshagandaz

Pronouns: She/Her

Warning(s): Near death experience, Trauma/PTSD, Alluding to attempted suicide (not reader or miranda you're not getting that)

maybe a part 2 in the future i just need to get requests out of the way before thinking about that <3 (also if you wanted a different plot for this/don't like this, Ayeshagandaz, please let me know and i'll write a different one for you <3)

'I wonder what she likes,' I pondered while watching the blonde browse the selections of tea we had. 'I hope I get her — I want her name.'

'...Did she just smirk?' My heart skipped a beat when the woman moved some of her hair, showing her faint smirk. 'She did! Why?! ...Can she read minds? No, come on, that's impossible.'

"Have you ever tried this?" I nearly jumped when she spoke to me, my heart pounding erratically as if my lifelong crush had just kissed me.

"O-oh, uhm-! Not that one, no," I muttered as heat rushed to my cheeks. "Dilmah, huh? That's new stock — got in last night is my guess — so you'd get to try the brand before I get a chance."

"When are you off work?"

"...?" I raised an eyebrow at the question but glanced at the time, relief washing over me as I noticed I only had two hours left. "In two hours, why do you ask?"

The blonde made her way over with the tea, pulling a pen and notepad out before writing something down. "Come to this location for tea then."

The blonde slid me the note along with the box of tea bags, handing me money for the tea after I rang it up. I read over the directions on the note before lifting my head, noticing that the woman had left between paying and me reading the note. '...What an odd woman. If I go to this location, the chances of me dying are far higher than the two of us simply having tea together. Well, if she is a hot psychopath who wants to kill me while having tea, then so be it! Who knows? Maybe I'm just overthinking!'

The last two hours flew by, leaving me nervous about the meeting as I left the building. '...Should I really be meeting this woman?' My eyes drifted to a statue as I walked away from the shop, frowning when I noticed similarities between it and the woman. 'I know I'm new to this village thanks to the transfer, but that statue definitely looks like her. I should've got her name. Then again, she doesn't know mine either... But she knows where I work if I ditch her... Sadly enough, going is probably the safer option in the end. That statue looking like her can't be good — well, for me if I choose to not go.'

Before I knew it, I was at the location the note led me to. 'I don't see-' My thoughts stopped when the smell of tea wafted over. 'Okay... So far so good, right?' I wandered further until a crow cawed at me, the creature only stopping when I looked at it. '...Weird...' I walked in the direction of the bird and continued on, shrugging when it didn't start cawing again. 'I guess this is the right way.'

My eyes landed on the blonde in the middle of a field after a few more minutes of walking, anxiety washing over me. 'I could leave... She hasn't noticed me, so I can...' I froze when she turned her head watching a smile spread across her face while she waved me over. 'Never mind.' My feet felt heavy as I walked to the blonde, nervously taking the cup of tea from her when she offered it.