Chapter no.130 Moving Forward

Read advance chapters (+ 70 ) of all my works or want to support me .

https://www.patreon.com/Adamo_Amet

....

Join us on discord

https://discord.gg/Gdsq9uTw

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

All of my Pokemon gave it their all. What did I give back? What did I pay them, for the efforts they contributed towards my successes so far? What good am I if it took merely a good tricky move to defeat me? I had the type advantage, the field advantage, … and yet, and yet I lost.

Horribly.

Houndoom, a fire type, defeated my Squirtle, a water type, in a pool. All things considered, Blastoise doesn't even come into account.

What was the result of so much training, if my lack of experience is so staggering? What good am I?

How am I supposed to deal with the events that would come in the future?

Team Rocket's attacks, the events in the movies, the events in the manga...

"Hey, Ash?"

It was Shirona.

Austin didn't turn around, as he kept on staring at the expansive ocean around him, standing on a rather solitary end of the ship's deck. He had always liked this place since it allowed him to clear his mind and introspect himself. Today, however…

"I just wanted to say that, it was a great match. Your parents and friends ought to be proud of you." Shirona replied softly.

"Fat lot of good it did," Austin chuckled mirthlessly. "I lost horribly to Harrison."

"I disagree. You didn't lose to Harrison. You lost to your inexperience." She raised a finger to stop Austin from contradicting. "Let me finish. Your team is powerful along with the creativity and unpredictability in your fighting style. Many league participants would be worried to face you in battle."

Austin sighed as he knew that Shirona was telling the truth but still a loss where you had a lot of advantages still hurt.

Cynthia looked at Austin as she knew what was wrong with him.

" What are you blaming yourself for? "

"For being so easy to be taken off-guard. Harrison played me from the beginning of the match, and I let him."

"Harrison is a trainer who has had a year-worth of experience." Cynthia countered, "Yes, I checked his profile. You, on the other hand, have less than half a year and yet, the match could've easily gone differently had Blastoise been a little more injured or Pikachu was a little less injured. Think where you would be with a year of experience under your belt."

Austin smiled as he chuckled," Maybe I could have won if I had used Bulbasaur, Scyther, and Clefairy. I always seem to win when I am at a type disadvantage."

Cynthia smiled as she heard Austin's joking tone.

He had already figured out what he did wrong in the battle.

His advantages made him confident that he would win and this overconfidence led him to his downfall.

Cynthia meanwhile was very impressed at the maturity Ash was showing since when this had happened to her, she didn't use it to grow stronger until her grandmother talked to her.

" So what are your plans next? "

" I am going to have my Pokémon learn to set up moves like Swords Dance and increase their move pools along with equipping them with items."