Chapter 25

Guest House:

Maid - Ahn..adhu..Kathir sir ku udambhu sari illa madam..doctor ku phone pannanum..adhan..

The news hit Mullai like a sudden gust of wind, leaving her momentarily stunned as she processed the unexpected turn of events. Setting her bag down with a thud, she turned her full attention to the maid, a furrow forming on her brow as concern etched lines of worry across her features.

M - Yen ennachu..rathiri paakum podhu nalla danae irundaaru..

Mullai's voice was laced with genuine concern, her words tinged with a hint of disbelief at the sudden change in Kathir's health. She struggled to reconcile the image of the strong, composed Kathir from last night with the idea of him now unwell.

The maid's response offered little solace, her own uncertainty mirroring Mullai's growing unease.

Maid - Theriyala mam..kaalaila tea kudukka avar room ku pona..jorathula anathikittu paduthu irukaaru..adhan..

Without waiting for the maid to finish her sentence, Mullai sprang into action, her feet moving swiftly as she dashed towards the stairs leading to her husband's room.

Each step felt like an eternity as Mullai's thoughts raced ahead of her, envisioning the worst-case scenarios that could be plaguing Kathir's health. With each beat of her heart, the urgency to reach him grew stronger, driving her onward with an almost desperate determination.

The stairs blurred beneath her feet as Mullai ascended, her breaths coming in shallow gasps as adrenaline surged through her veins. She barely registered the sounds around her, her sole focus fixed on reaching Kathir and ensuring his well-being.

As she reached the landing outside his room, Mullai's hand trembled slightly as she reached for the door handle. With a swift motion, she pushed it open, her heart pounding in her chest as she prepared herself for whatever sight awaited her inside.

Kathir's Room:

As Mullai pushed open the door to Kathir's room, the air seemed to thicken with apprehension. Her gaze fell upon him, lying still upon the bed, his features drawn with illness. Without hesitation, she hurried to his side, her heart aching at the sight of him in distress.

Gently, Mullai reached out to touch his forehead, her fingers recoiling at the searing heat radiating from his skin. With growing concern, she searched for her phone and realised that it was in her bag downstairs..so she quickly retrieved his phone from the bedside table, her fingers trembling slightly as she dialed the family doctor's number.

After a brief conversation with the doctor, Mullai settled onto the edge of the bed beside Kathir, her heart heavy with worry. Tears welled in her eyes as she watched over him, her thoughts swirling with memories of their shared moments and the declaration of his love for her.

Lost in her thoughts, Mullai remembered Kathir's words, the tender reassurances of his affection echoing in her mind. She closed her eyes, seeking solace in the memory of his love, the tears that trailed down her cheeks a testament to the depth of her emotions.

Suddenly, she felt a stirring beside her, and her eyes fluttered open to find Kathir struggling to rise. With a surge of determination, Mullai hurried to his aid, her hands offering support as he sat upright on the bed.

K - Mullai..nee?..azhariya??

Carefully arranging the pillows behind him, Mullai ensured Kathir could rest comfortably, her movements gentle and deliberate as she sought to ease his discomfort. With each adjustment, she felt the weight of her concern pressing upon her, a silent reminder of the gravity of the situation.