Chapter 10

Aerohub Mall:

After Kathir's departure, Mullai rose from her seat in the coffee house, her movements measured as if trying to avoid stirring the lingering tension.

M - Abhi.. It was nice meeting you.. but I am really sorry enakkum oru mukhiyamana meeting irukku..naan kilambanum..If you don't mind namma innoru naal meet pannalama?

Abhi, understanding the situation, responded graciously.

A - Okay Mullai no problem..innoru naal relaxed ah meet pannalam..I'll wait for your call..

Mullai smiled, a thin veil masking the turmoil beneath, and embraced Abhi before making her exit, leaving the two of them alone in the coffee shop.

As Mullai drove back home, the city lights blurred through her car window, mirroring the confusion in her mind. Kathir's words echoed, cutting through the silence of her car. His accusatory tone had made her feel like the orchestrator of their failed relationship. She couldn't shake off the feeling of being unjustly blamed.

Reaching home, she entered her room, a sanctuary where she could confront her thoughts undisturbed. Closing the door behind her, she leaned against it, the weight of recent events pressing on her. Her mind replayed the encounter at the coffee shop, dissecting every word he had uttered.

His lack of acknowledgment of any wrongdoing, his insistence on placing the blame squarely on her shoulders, irked her. Mullai needed solitude, a respite from the complexities of their tangled history. The room, bathed in the soft glow of a solitary lamp, became her refuge as she grappled with the emotional aftermath of the encounter.

In the stillness, Mullai reflected on the path she had chosen—a journey marked by solitude and self-discovery. She needed this space to heal, to reconcile with the past, and to define a future unburdened by the weight of a relationship that seemed irreparable.

*****

Abhi and Vetri lingered at the coffee shop, enveloped in a conversation that resonated with the complexities of Kathir and Mullai's strained relationship.

V - Naan dan sonnen la..ippadi dan aagum nu..rendu perum oruthar mela oruthar semma kaduppula irukanga..especially un annan..avar thappu pannala nu ippo theriyudhu but adha konjam thanmaiya eduthu sollalam la..avala paakum podhellam ippadi rude ah pesina Mullai ku eppadi Kathir mela nalla abiprayam varum..

Abhi, sipping her coffee, contemplated Vetri's observation. The reality of Kathir and Mullai's apparent aversion to each other's company hung in the air like an unspoken truth.

A - Nee solradhu sari dan Vetri... Mullai oda point of view la irundhu paatha.. Annan konjam irangi varalam..enda ponnalayum annaiku night nadandada avlo easy ah marakka mudiyadhu..adhu pidikkama nadanda kalyanam ah irundha kuda.. but Kathir anna is always like this avar avlo easy ah sorry solla mattaru..he is very defensive..idhu ellathukum mela enga amma pottu vechi irukura 5 years condition..adhu innum mosam..they both are trapped..so obviously andha kovathai ellam oruthar mela oruthar kaatranga..enna panradunae theriyala..annan ala divorce apply panna mudiyadhu..nee Mullai kitta pesi avangala apply panna sollen..I am sure Kathir anna endha prachanaiyum pannama pirinji poga othupaaru..he is also suffering..naan avar kitta pesuren ellathayum sumoogama mudikka..they both need to move on in life..aana enna oru chinna nappasai kadaisiya oruvatti rendu perayum sethu vaika try pannlam nu paathen..but chances rhombha kammiya irukum polayae...

The weight of Abhi's words mirrored the heaviness of the situation. Vetri, contemplating the intricacies of the matter, nodded in agreement.

V - Enakkum appadi dan thonudhu Abhi..ivanga serndhu vazha vaippu kammi dan..piriyardhu dan rendu perukum nalladhu..nee Kathir kitta pesu..naan Mullai kitta pesuren...