Chapter 13

Pandian Villa:

Kathir descended the stairs, his steps echoing faintly through the spacious foyer as he made his way towards the gathering in the living room. As he entered, a sense of gravity settled over the room, emphasized by the presence of Mr. Umapathy, a distinguished figure seated on the couch.

Extending his hand in greeting, Kathir exchanged a firm handshake with Mr. Umapathy before settling onto the couch beside him. Devi and Lakshmi joined them, their expressions reflecting a mix of curiosity and apprehension.

With a practiced motion, Mr. Umapathy retrieved a file from his briefcase, extracting a bundle of papers that he carefully arranged on the table before him.

U - Idhu neengalum..unga wife Mrs. Mullai yum unga marriage appo sign panna legal documents..idhulla irukka terms and conditions ku othukittu dan andha situation la neenga sign paneenga..these conditions ungalukku mattum dan apply aagudhu..nevertheless ippo divorce ku apply pannum podhu neengalum unga Mrs. um serndhu oru vaati indha conditions ah review panni dan negotiations ah initiate panna mudiyum..I know neenga Mrs. Mullai ah anavasiyama disturb panna vendam..avanga signature mattum vangura maadiri proceed pannunga nu instruct panni irundeenga..but indha document formalities ah mudikka avanga ingha irundhu dan aaganum..illana naalaikku divorce proceedings la problem aagum.. 

Mr. Umapathy explained, his tone carrying a note of solemnity. Kathir's brow furrowed slightly at the mention of Mullai, his gaze flickering with a mix of reluctance and determination.

K - Mullai indha veetla stay pannala..avanga appa veetla irukanga..

Kathir responded evenly, his voice tinged with a hint of resignation. Mr. Umapathy's expression registered a brief pause of surprise before he continued, 

U - Avanga engha irundalum indha negotiations la avanga kalandhukradu rhomba mukiyam Mr. Kathir..

Lakshmi's eyes widened in concern as she exchanged a glance with Devi, uncertainty clouding their features.

L - Mullai ingha varadhuku vaippu illa Mr. Umapathy..vera edavadhu vazhi irundha sollunga..

Lakshmi inquired, her voice tinged with a touch of urgency. Regrettably, Mr. Umapathy shook his head, his expression apologetic yet resolute. 

U - Sorry mam..naan pala varushama unga family lawyer ah iruken..ivlo insist panrena neengalae yoseenga..indha oru review la mattum avanga kalandhukittanga nu court la prove pannom na dan indha divorce smooth ah mudiyum..I guarantee innaikku thavira thirumbha avangala namma side la irundhu disturb pannada maadiri naan paathukuren..

Devi interjected, her voice tinged with a note of determination, 

D - Naan oru vaati phone panni paakuren..indha vishayam nu sonna oru vela Mullai yosippa..

Kathir, however, intervened, his tone decisive as he declined, 

K - Illa anni..vendam..ingha varadhukku ava viruppa pada maata..naama avanga veetukku povom..

Lakshmi and Devi exchanged a glance, silently acknowledging the unexpected turn of events as they prepared to accompany Kathir to Mullai's residence, where the next chapter of their shared journey would unfold.

Parvathy Vilas:

Mullai sat in her room, her delicate frame draped in an off-white chudidar, her features softened by the subtle glow of lamplight filtering through the window. Adorning her face, a pair of spectacles perched upon her nose, an addition prescribed by her doctor to alleviate the persistent headaches that had plagued her in recent days.

As the silence of her sanctuary enveloped her, the shrill ring of the landline phone pierced the stillness, prompting Mullai to reach out and answer.

Mu - Ammadi..konjam kizha vaama..