Chapter-6: The Mysterious Stranger

Arita is sitting in the backseat of the car, enjoying the breeze through the open window and feeling connected to nature. 

Suddenly, Arita's mother speaks up, "Arita, tomorrow is your 19th birthday... what do you want for your birthday?" 

Arita leans against her mother and replied, "I don't want anything... I already have the two most beautiful gifts with me... I don't need anything else. Just promise me that you and daddy will not leave me." 

Hearing this, Arita's dad, who was driving the car, said, "Arita, always remember one thing, no matter what happens... we love you more than anything in this world, and you are the reason we live."

"I know, Dad. You and Mom love me the most, so I..." Arita said with a sweet smile.

"Then tell us, why have you seemed stressed for the past two days?" Arita's mother inquired.

"No, Mom, I'm not stressed about anything," Arita replied, avoiding eye contact.

"I've been watching you for the past two days, Arita... if you have any problem, you can tell me and your dad without any hesitation," her mother insisted.

"You know, for us, your happiness is the most important... when we see you upset, it breaks our hearts," her father added.

Emboldened by their love, Arita pours out the recent events that have been plaguing her.

As Arita recounted the incidents, her father grew increasingly tense. Then, something struck her father, "Whatever happens, we need to keep Arita safe until her 19th birthday. Her life is in danger .Please, save her until then..."

Back in reality, Arita's parents look at each other tensely, as if they have anticipated this turn of events. "You both look worried now... that's why I didn't want to tell you," Arita said, a hint of sadness in her voice.

Suddenly, Arita's father stopped the car. "We'll talk about this later... we've reached the venue," he announced.

Arita and her mother got out of the car, while her father went to park it. While parking, he notice a familiar face in the car's rearview mirror, someone standing behind the car. After parking, he approaches the person. "Long time no see," the person greets him. "Why are you here?" Arita's father asked nervously. "Even after those strange incidents with Arita, you're still asking me that?" the person replied in a tense tone. "How do you know about the incidents with Arita?" her father asked anxiously. "Forget about that, it's not important now... I need to take Arita with me today," the person said in a caring tone. "What... you can't take Arita," her father protested. "You know Arita is not like you... she is different."

"Arita needs to be taken to a safe place before her 19th birthday starts."

"She's not safe with you."

"No... no... I can't send her away... She is my child," Arita's father insisted.

"Leave now... before my wife sees you," Arita's father said nervously.

"Don't be so selfish... don't just think about yourself... you're just an ordinary person, how will you protect Arita?"

"You still haven't told her that you're not her real parents."

"Arita's life is in danger... think about Arita... only we can save her."

"Arita needs to go to her real home," the person said, looking at his watch.

"It's almost 12:00... there are only two hours left... before that, you have to send Arita with us," the person left after saying this.

"Dad hasn't come back yet... Mom, should I check?" Arita said to her mother.

"He must be coming soon, maybe he couldn't find a parking space," Arita's mother reassured her. Just then, Arita's father arrived. "Why are you sweating so much... is there a problem?" Arita's mother asked her father, sensing his unease.

"N-nothing... let's go inside," Arita's dad said.

As Arita moved forward, her father silently grabbed her mother's hand and pulled her back.

"They've come to take Arita," Arita's father said nervously.

"W-what?"

"How do they know we're here?" Arita's mother asked, fear evident in her voice.

"Arita is our daughter... I won't let them take her," Arita's mother said, clutching her husband's shoulder.

"Arita's life is in danger... as soon as it's 12:00, her 19th birthday will start... we have to save Arita... we have to send her with them," Arita's father tried to explain, tears welling up in his eyes.

"M-mom... are we going to meet Aunt first or give the gift to Brother first?" Arita asked her mother as they moved forward. Suddenly, Arita looked back, only to find that her parents were nowhere to be seen.

"Mom? Dad? Where did they go?" Arita asked herself, feeling frightened.

Arita begins to search for her mom and dad, but she couldn't find them. Being sociophobic, Arita started to feel like everyone was talking about her. "She is ugly," "She has pimples," she thought she heard people saying. Arita started to panic. Her only source of strength, her parents, had disappeared. Arita's legs began to tremble. Just as she felt like she was going to collapse on the ground, someone grabbed her from behind and made her sit on a chair.

"Are you okay, Arita?" the person asked.

Arita turned her trembling head and looked at the person. "An... Andrew?" she said.

                                        ----------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone 😊! I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter📖❤️.

Don't forget to like 🌟, share  ❤️ and let me know your favorite part💬!

Thank you for reading🙏!